Please register your Reward Card at Kroger to benefit the Creative Arts

When you go to the store you scan your reward card and you get a discount. What you might not know is you can select a charity that receives a very small portion of your purchase (but you don’t spend extra money - the store donates a%). I filled out paperwork and Creative Arts is now registered for Kroger reward card users.

Woooohoooo!

Please consider doing this for us. It won’t cost you a dime and allows for passive income for our committee. Tom Thumb info should be coming in a few days. It’s not much but it’s something easy you can do and you can forget about it. If you have questions please ask away.

NPO number: 28520 (Dallas Makerspace Creative Arts)

Customer Instructions:
A Digital Account is needed in order to participate in Kroger Community Rewards. If you already have a Digital Account, then please skip to the section named ‘Selecting an Organization’.

How to Register a Digital Account
Creating a digital account is as simple as 1,2,3! Simply visit www.kroger.com or download the Kroger mobile application from the appropriate app store for your device and follow these directions.

1.  Select the ‘Register’ button.

2.  Enter your information.

3.  Select ‘Create Account’.

Please make sure that you add your card number or create a virtual card number while registering your Digital Account. This is required for the Community Rewards program so that your transactions apply towards the program.

Selecting an Organization
Selecting the organization that you wish to support is as simple updating the Community Rewards selection on your Digital Account.
· Sign into your Digital Account (if you haven’t already).
· Select ‘My Account’.
· Scroll down to the ‘Community Rewards’ section of your account page.
· Select ‘Enroll Now’ or ‘Edit’.
· Enter the name or NPO number of the organization (28520) that you wish to support.
· Select the appropriate organization from the list and click on ‘Save’.
Your selected organization will now display in the Community Rewards section of your account page.
Any transactions moving forward using the card number associated with your digital account will be applied to the program.
It takes approximately 10 days for the Community Rewards total to begin displaying on your receipt.

4 Likes

I would like to know what you did to be able to get your committee set up. I would like to do the same for DMS as a whole with Amazon as an affiliate.

2 Likes

I’m a teacher so I have an ear to the ground on where to find dimes and quarters to benefit people who want to learn. We can’t do this as a school but it dawned on me that DMS fell inline with the “rules” so I applied for it.
It’s on Kroger’s website under community rewards - simple application did two different ones in ten minutes.
Target is getting rid of the program. The only two that I could find were Tom Thumb and Kroger that worked with our type of organization.

2 Likes

I guess I meant what information did you need from DMS to meet the guidelines to register as a charity? Did you not need any kind of official numbers or ID?

I would expect them to request the DMS EIN.

Yes I had to talk to Ben/the board for some specific paperwork to file. But the majority of the info is located on the wiki and I just didn’t realize it.

Just wanted to push this to the top of the list. I only have 5 people registered on this account (and I grateful). But lots of free money is going unclaimed.
This is something you do once and forget about it. If you shop at Kroger please register your card to benefit DMS Creative Arts. Don’t let your dimes go to the man!

3 Likes

@uglyknees

Doing a little threadomancy here, but I just tried to attach that NPO to my Kroger card today (30 June 2016) and failed.

I called Kroger’s Digital Products support number and he can’t find us in the Kroger system. He did say you have to renew the program annually - perhaps that was the problem?

1 Like

Wow, thank you for going to so much effort. I didn’t get any notice that we were up already for renewal. I will look into it today.

1 Like

If we need to re-register our Kroger card again after you do your thing with them, please let us know.

Ok got an answer for you. Dallas Makerspace Creative Arts is still a valid organization inside the Kroger Community rewards umbrella. Participants (us) need to reregister every year for it to qualify.

So if you haven’t registered please do so and if you did awhile ago please take a second to check.

Side note: this is strange to me because I’m still registered as benefiting DMS (logged into my kroger account to check) and I haven’t been bumped out.

@Edenblue @BarkingChicken

This is what I was mentioning the other day - all the info to make people sign up and get some funds - it’s small funds but it’s passive and it buys some new scissors.

3 Likes

So I hadn’t heard of this. I mostly shop at Tom thumb, did that one ever get set up?

I do remember trying to set it up but they changed the way they gave to charity so it no longer applied to selecting individual nonprofits and they went with big donations to local food banks. But that was quite a bit ago and I haven’t really looked into it since.

Target also restructured the way they give they had a nice little field trip grant you could apply for (under $500) easy to win every year - sad to see that one go.

Done :slight_smile: Glad I can help!