Money for nothing from Amazon

I haven’t heard it mentioned in a while so I thought a PSA might be in order.

Amazon will make a donation based on purchases you make when you checkout through Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com). You must log in to amazon via the ‘smile’ sub-domain in order to have a portion of your purchase donated to the space. You must also select DMS as your charity of choice…

Now back to your regularly scheduled Friday.

4 Likes

Hey, this could be a fantastic thing for DMS. I rarely blast stuff to my entire address book, but I have sent a memo to about 200 people suggesting the use smile.amazon.com and make DMS the recipient. In it I gave a brief discussion about DMS.

I think probably fewer than 10% of DMS members read this forum and it looks like about 25 have seen this thread.

Should we consider drafting an email to the entire membership (to be approved by the board) suggesting this for DMS? And I suggest that all of us broadcast to as many as possible to benefit the 'space.

It is just 0.5% but I calculate that it could net quite a few grand per year for DMS.

Perhaps we need a flyer about this at the open house that folks can take home to help DMS even if they don’t join.

My wife and I buy from amazon daily. From now it’s smile.amazon.com => DMS

The title needs to be clearer, or people might not read it. I almost didn’t read it (except, I read everything).

I already have another charity selected for Amazon Smile.

1 Like

It’s not “new” information…it was email blasted before…more than once.

This is still relevant.

I just went to Amazon and selected Dallas Makerspace to receive my donations. You should, too. I’ve used the Amazon Smile program for a long time, and It’s really just that simple. Just log into smile.amazon.com to make your purchases and Amazon will give money to the Space. Other than making sure to log into smile.amazon.com instead of just amazon.com, there is no difference to you as a buyer.

More info from Amazon

Even more info from Amazon

2 Likes

I’ve been doing this for a while. I have no idea how much DMS gets, but I like the idea of getting them something for just ordering from Amazon. Lord knows I order enough stuff from Amazon. Can you say Amazon Prime? Dastardly thing Prime.

3 Likes

Hey hey hey since you guys are all hot on getting free money for DMS by doing nothing feel free to help out Creative Arts by registering your Kroger card.
Yeah to passive income! Lemme know if you need some help with this.

Nicole,

My wife buys the Kroger goods for our household and she supports another organization with the Reward Card (My son’s high school band. He’s not in high school anymore but she still supports them)

I think that’s amazing! Hoping many members will do the same for us.