Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - February 2020

Patiently waiting for da class

6 Likes

Very cool!!

1 Like

Had fun last night practicing some light painting at an event. image

13 Likes

While these actual cfrp parts were made at home, some of the tooling for trim jigs and gauges were made at the makerspace this weekend.

14 Likes

I got about 10 good photos with the manual timer.
Glad you could make it!

11 Likes

those are nice.

1 Like

Created and photographed at the Dallas Makerspace. Thank you to John Dorian for the set up.

21 Likes

How did you make it @Anette_Henningson?

Hand thrown marbled dog dish, created and photographed at the Dallas Makerspace. Thank you to Johnny Blujacket for the set up.

15 Likes

Cone 6 slip cast, Amaco celadon glazes!

3 Likes

My 4th dragon egg is complete. Still having some challenges with chipping, I think I am trying to lathe too quickly. I am officially addicted.

22 Likes

Looking good sir! It really is addicting.

2 Likes

Ornament- pecan root

It didn’t involve rocket science, but it required a lot of time and patience. Made cuts with chainsaw, flattened with router, cleaned with a chisel and air compressor, and then sanded it and sealed it.

22 Likes

Oh my goodness, that is beautiful! Thanks for posting it.

1 Like

First wood project since joining. I’m working on a book box to use as a dice tray/carrier. This version’s a small prototype. Learned a lot for the next go!

Box is made out of poplar with rabbit joint made using the dado stack on the stop saw.

Attribution: Charlie Long (@charlielong.illustration on IG)

16 Likes

Thank you!

The stone was cut and polished in lapidary, the copper was done in jewelry. It will be a bolo tie as soon as I can find copper tips that I like.

14 Likes

Witcher medallions based on the game curing. Two were printed, one will survive. The other…?

15 Likes

Made this Camping Cup Holder during @HankCowdog‘s Blacksmithing Open Forge class today. I thoroughly enjoyed the process of tapering the ends, curling one end to make a cute little curl, using a jig to create the opening for the cup, and used a vice to help bend the corners. Mike is an excellent teacher
and helped troubleshoot when things went awry. Thanks Mike!!!

20 Likes

Peacock chain bracelet class
Thanks, Nadira!

17 Likes