What are your craigslist unicorns?

I want it so bad it hurts! ROTARYYY

BRAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

1 Like

Wow! Single owner. Manual transmission.< Don’t see too many of this any more.

I had to go all the way to Colorado to get a single-owner manual RX-7.

Next move: pick up another ZJ for future daily use. Of course there are no good ones on craigslist within 500 miles. The market’s usually flooded, wtf

2 Likes

Could’ve been nice if not for the issues(price notwithstanding).

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/d/1991-bmw-318is-s52-swap/6590451860.html

1 Like

There’s still not $12,000 worth of car in that 27 year old non-M E30, no matter how nifty he thinks the S52 is as an engine. (Spoiler alert: it’s not that nifty)

1 Like

Yup. No arguments there. That might be what he spent but I wouldn’t spend that kind of money an a chassis that’s taken a hit hard enough to wrinkle the floor pan.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/1981-vw-rabbit-pickup-diesel/6597524026.html

Found something for @TLAR

1 Like

A magic collenction someone just wants gone, an unsorted mess that ends up having power 9 or something ridiculous in it when I go to sort it. Not as cool as cars I guess but would probably net me enough cash to buy multiple of some of the other unicorns.

1 Like

It’s already gone. That was quick.

52DDFF8B-125C-4133-B154-90D7466C5A80

6 Likes

Supposedly a true story:

One of the Batmobiles was being transported to Los Angeles in a panel truck. At many points of entry to California, traffic must stop at an agricultural inspection station.

The driver was asked, “What do you have back there?”

He answered nonchalantly, “The Batmobile.”

The inspector asked again, “I have no time to fool around. What are you carrying?”

To which the driver answered, “I told you, the Batmobile.”

The inspector lost it. He drew his sidearm and instructed the driver to slowly get out and open up the back of the truck.

The driver complied.

The inspector looked inside, dropped his gun, and yelled out to a coworker, “Hey Joe, you have to come and see what he has back here!”

Other than the firearm brandishing part, the tale sounds plausible.

4 Likes

Three years ago, I was complaining that it was still so expensive to own and operate a laser cutter. A friend asked, “Have you looked into the Dallas Makerspace?”

And the rest is history…

1 Like

Also not a car and not from Craigslist.

I built my first computer, a Southwest Technical Products 6809, from a kit during the summer between my junior and senior college years. After eventually adding more memory and some floppy disk drives, it ran the FLEX operating system.

In the early days of the World Wide Web, I discovered an active community with fond memories of FLEX. They had collected an archive of software and documentation. Some still had working systems and others relived the good times via emulation.

One day, a stranger posted to our mailing list that he has a stack of SWTPC equipment in his garage. His wife is making him get rid of it. He said it has not been used in about ten years, but it was all working when it was retired. If there were no takers, the stuff is going into the dumpster.

One guy said he would love to take some of it, but he is in Atlanta and the stash is in St Louis.

Several days later, I had a sudden thought. Those of you who know me know how dangerous that can be. I had an upcoming trip to a convention in Hutchinson, Kansas in a couple of months. It was a bit of a sidetrip, but…

So I wrote back that if he had anything left, I would love to come by and pick it up.

Long story short, I loaded up a Jeep WJ full of vintage computer goodness and he had more. I would stop by again that summer on my way to Michigan.

Total cost: a couple days of time, a couple tanks of gas, a little bit of toll on the Will Rogers and Kansas turnpikes and a couple of beers.

1 Like

Not Craigslist, but definitely UNICORN

3 Likes

Not Craiglist, but definitely Alpha Bigbucks Unicorn. few can even afford the buyers premium.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/06/01/classic-1963-ferrari-250-gto-sold-for-record-70-million.html

2 Likes

I have a mighty need

2 Likes

again, not craigslist, but something for @LukeStrickland to watch: In Austin, TX: No reserve 1982 RX7

Whatyathink?
less than $9k?

1 Like

That’s gonna sell for well more than it’s worth. Clean car though.

1 Like

I would cry.

:white_circle:

1 Like

More is better if you’re an 8x8?

1 Like