What are your craigslist unicorns?

Shelby Daytona coupe

Lotus 11

6 Likes

Not a car, but a few years back (back in 2012) I was looking for the HeroQuest board game which had been out print since the 90’s. One day I struck gold and got a complete HeroQuest game with two expansions, a dozen AD&D books, the original white box D&D books, and some other board games.

Total cost: free

Best. Craigslist. Find. Ever.

13 Likes

I used to wish book on Craigs list for tools DMS solved that !

1 Like

Not on Craigslist, but I fell in love with these mini trucks over the weekend while working a super muddy pyro-display.

Here is the importer in Houston:
https://houstonminitrucks.com/

I so want one of these little bad boys with their full time 4 wheel drive and top speed of 60mph. Whips the crap out of a golf cart.

1 Like

Found this one near Austin :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1 Like

You might be able to find some in gov surplus. The VA & a few other gov entity’s use them.

3 Likes

I want one,
But it is just a want, not a need, YET! I think I’m going to set aside my pyro-display money for a while and save up for one of these fun guys.

1 Like

LSWan’s in Tyler also imports kei trucks on occasion

https://www.lswansgarage.com/

I spent about two years searching everywhere for a decent and cheap laser cutter. Two weeks after it was posted I stumbled across the listing for a 45w Trotec for $200. Picked it up the next day with rotary module, and a fume extractor filter unit for $275. One of my best finds ever. And I frequently find some good deals on stuff for sale.

7 Likes

I had something similar with a 1,00cc 3 cylinder and dual range 4wd.
It could go over a 7" curb if you were able to get one wheel up on it.
Topped out at about 80-85mph, the 2wd versions had a higher top speed due to differences in the final drive.
It was the late 80s, early 90s version (S80 gen) of this, but a fully enclosed passenger van version that could seat 9 people less than 200lbs ea.

2 Likes

A top speed of 80 makes this even cooler! Then I wouldn’t have to trailer it to events!

I want

1 Like

Yup, with 9 people and some gear on board with the a/c blasting too. :smile:

1 Like

1 Like

If you really want a Pope mobile, I can put you in touch with the people who supplied one that’s built on a diesel Isuzu pickup truck.
No idea how you can import it though.

So what you’re saying is I’m only like three degrees away from knowing the popemobile maker???

lol, one of the Pope mobile makers. There are different makers for each of the country he visits, I believe. I’ve seen 2 versions, no contact with the first version maker, only the more recent version.

P.S. the first version was a fully with what was publicized to be bullet-proof “glass”.

Here are some images from Google.

V1.

Isuzu-based

NIcole,

I have one of those cars in your middle photo - but mine is Yellow!

2 Likes

When are we going for a cruise around HV in it?

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/1-owner-1980-mazda-rx-7/6555804517.html
Not quite “unicorn” status due to rust and about 2 years too new, but if you’re into the old RX-7s at all, this is pretty interesting. 1 owner, all original 1980 model…