What are your craigslist unicorns?

The rear tires are drive wheels also? Am I reading that right?

Wow. There’s a driveshaft.

2 Likes

I very much did not need to see this. I would happily sell my Mini Truck for this RX-7. Love the Rotary…

1 Like

How cool of a Non-Road RV would this make! Looks like it could drive through 5 or 6 feet of water without the snorkle kit I’m sure was made for this. Not even a crew or XLT type cab though.

Only one bid so far… Wonder how high it’ll go.

60" (1.5m) ford capability OOTB.
No whiff of a snorkel kit, but surely they were produced…
BTW, this is the 2 stroke Detroit Diesel power plant at 2100 RPM on the dyno…

and for good measure, a freshly remanned unit in OZ

Unfortunately the seller has promised to upload a video of the exhaust, after that… probably wayyy out of my ballpark at the moment.

Yep, here is one. The guy drives around the world in it. 92A21A67-5308-4E5D-B747-7DFA02CC36A4

4 Likes

That one is, I think, based on the close cousin of the posted LVS, the HEMTT. The difference is in the articulating front end. HEMTT does not have it, being a rigid 8x8, while the LVS does have the separate, articulating cabin section.

I could be wrong, though…
Should be fun either way…

Good catch. The the Army has the HEMTT and the Marine Corp uses the LVS. The are very similar. If I remember correctly you can disconnect the front half of the HEMTT and drive with just the front 4 wheels.( I could be wrong it’s been a long few days)

1 Like

Other way around. LVS is modular, allowing the front 4wheels to be a self-contained vehicle (but of little value, since they handle really weird and can only carry 2 people, the rest of the bulk being support for the powerplant needed for moving twenty tons of cargo around in normal use…)

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/1985-mazda-rx7/6615228527.html

@LukeStrickland still looking for an FB?

Starting with a non-working rotary is a scary thought… Maybe… Just maybe…

In all likelihood, it’s not running because of the horribly complex vacuum controls on the late carb models. (Fuel injection was optional from 1982-85) Rip all that out, toss a DCOE on, enjoy dorito power.

If you pick it up, I’ll make some time to help you dig. $900 for a complete car ain’t tea bag.

Regarding the 1985 Rx7 listing. It states he has the title but never transferred it to himself, but it’s signed. This may be ignorant, but… would new owner in this case have to do anything different or just take it in like he purchased it directly from registered owner?

No possible problem is if it is dated there may be a penalty fro not registering within 30 days.

Also, if there is problems with the title, your recourse won’t be against the person selling it to you, it would be against the the title owner or the front - where ever they may be.

“Open” titles often occur with dealers, but there are special lines on the back for them and they have title bonds for recourse,

Then again, many have no problems.

If there’s a date and the current owner’s signature on the title, it will very likely be a lot easier to go through the process of getting a bonded title, than to try and get a certified copy of title from the previous owner, then have him sign and date that to you, or any number of various alternatives.

I’ve done the bonded title thing a couple of times, and it’s not too bad for cheap cars like this. Along with your application for bonded title, you purchase a surety bond for 150% the Standard Presumptive Value of the vehicle, as well as evidence that you own the vehicle in good faith. You pay your fees and you move on with your life. After 3 years, the bonded title can be exchanged for a normal title, as any claim that a previous owner could have is forfeit at that time.

2 Likes

I’d just talk to the DMV person. I bought a pop-up trailer, and when the lady mailed me the title, she’d never transferred it to herself. Mind you – it was a Michigan title, and the lady lived in Colorado. The DMV lady and I decided we didn’t care that we were screwing Colorado out of its transfer money, and she only charged me the amount to transfer the title to a Texas title.

Mind you, if it’s a Texas title, there’s a chance you’d have to pay to get it to the guy’s name, and then to your name.

I’ve had hit or miss experience with this. Some clerks will just transfer the title, but some clerks will decide they’re gonna play by the book today and you’ll have to go through the hassle.

That’s one clean looking bug

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/1972-vw-super-beatles-4700/6617702877.html