Welder Refresher and CNC Plasma training

@dryad2b I would be down for a quick one-on-one refresher. When are you going to be at the space?

I can do one in about 10 days. Just give the nod.

@Russell_Crow throw me a DM when you put it up please?

1 Like

I would be interested in CNC plasma classes also. MIG also.
Thanks

I’ll be up Feb 22 and 23. I’ll put up a Plasma class for each day.

2 Likes

I am very interested I both mig and cnc plasma classes and would definitely sign up. Once I got good and comfortable on them I would also be willing to help teach others.

I can’t put up the Plasma Classes in 2/22. I didn’t realize my auto-debit didn’t go through on 1/27, and my membership is cancelled. I get signed up again in March and add classes then.

1 Like

I’ll throw one up that day for the 22nd.

Everyone keep an eye out; something should hit the calendar in the next few days.

-Jim

1 Like

Thanks Jim. When I get things sorted I’ll start scheduling monthly classes again.

I would be interested in metal shop training.

I can run you through the Hot Processes Safety, and MIG. MIG is a $10 class.

1 Like

Does cash work? When can we meet up?

Yes. We can pay the kiosk. Sunday afternoon sometime, after 2pm?

Continuing the discussion from Welder Refresher and CNC Plasma training:

Would 3 pm work for you on Sunday? It Father’s Day so I have to hang out with the family😊 a little.
I was reading a post about metal shop PPE… what do I need to bring? Good, gloves, flame retardant shirt?

You want both? For the MIG, you will need to be wearing a natural-fiber shirt and pants. Flame retardant isn’t an issue – just no melting. Natural shoes or leather spats to cover meltable ones (like most sport shoes or trainers – all plastic). If you’ve got a nice pair of welding gloves, that’d be good. We have loaners. Just wash your hands before and after.

3 pm will be fine.

Whilst we recommend FR if you have it / can get it, the minimum requirement is head to toe coverage, including shoes, in natural fibers (such as 100% cotton or real leather). For hoods we always recommend people get their own, but know that for some they’ll need to use our loaners. Bring alcohol based disinfectant spray and a clean skullcap or balaclava to wear under the hood. Do not use bleach cleaners on any welding supplies.
For gloves you can get a cheap starting pair from most welding suppliers.

We have a 10% discount setup around the corner from the space at WallyWaldo (where they also sell FR facemasks). Just give them the Dallas Makerspace as the account name.

2 Likes

In shirts and pants (and socks – just ask @hon1nbo) look for content. Spandex and polyester are insidious.

Thank you for the list of i teams

Yes if you have time for both… not sure how much time it will take… a little back ground about me, a long, long time ago when I was in high school. I took 3 year of metal shop and wood shop as electives. I never did anything with professionally, plasma and mig didn’t exist then… it was all torches and angle grinders. I am really looking forward to learning something new.

1 Like

Beth,
Thank you for taking time out for your Sunday to work walk me through the hot process training.

HB

1 Like