Welder Refresher and CNC Plasma training

Does cash work? When can we meet up?

Yes. We can pay the kiosk. Sunday afternoon sometime, after 2pm?

Continuing the discussion from Welder Refresher and CNC Plasma training:

Would 3 pm work for you on Sunday? It Fatherā€™s Day so I have to hang out with the familyšŸ˜Š a little.
I was reading a post about metal shop PPEā€¦ what do I need to bring? Good, gloves, flame retardant shirt?

You want both? For the MIG, you will need to be wearing a natural-fiber shirt and pants. Flame retardant isnā€™t an issue ā€“ just no melting. Natural shoes or leather spats to cover meltable ones (like most sport shoes or trainers ā€“ all plastic). If youā€™ve got a nice pair of welding gloves, thatā€™d be good. We have loaners. Just wash your hands before and after.

3 pm will be fine.

Whilst we recommend FR if you have it / can get it, the minimum requirement is head to toe coverage, including shoes, in natural fibers (such as 100% cotton or real leather). For hoods we always recommend people get their own, but know that for some theyā€™ll need to use our loaners. Bring alcohol based disinfectant spray and a clean skullcap or balaclava to wear under the hood. Do not use bleach cleaners on any welding supplies.
For gloves you can get a cheap starting pair from most welding suppliers.

We have a 10% discount setup around the corner from the space at WallyWaldo (where they also sell FR facemasks). Just give them the Dallas Makerspace as the account name.

2 Likes

In shirts and pants (and socks ā€“ just ask @hon1nbo) look for content. Spandex and polyester are insidious.

Thank you for the list of i teams

Yes if you have time for bothā€¦ not sure how much time it will takeā€¦ a little back ground about me, a long, long time ago when I was in high school. I took 3 year of metal shop and wood shop as electives. I never did anything with professionally, plasma and mig didnā€™t exist thenā€¦ it was all torches and angle grinders. I am really looking forward to learning something new.

1 Like

Beth,
Thank you for taking time out for your Sunday to work walk me through the hot process training.

HB

1 Like