Swap day @ DMS!

Hey @artg_dms and others… (@engpin for Vector…)

It’s about time for us to set up another swap day where we all bring in parts, test equipment, and other electronics related stuff to buy/sell/trade.

What say ye?

RJ

I’m game. 11262211227

Give me a week or so and I will have a pile of stuff together to sell, trade or give away… I have a bunch of computers, servers, LCD monitors…

I’ve got a once used variable power supply I’d like to part with. $15 - let me know if anyone wants more detail.

There is a pile of old computers, cables, etc on the donation shelf right now that Logistics would like to see gone. All available for the low price of zero dollars with low low financing rates available.

6 Likes

Awe, just like the Roman Emperors throwing bread to the masses. The glow of your beneficence tans us all.

I can take credit for someone else dumping a pile of crap on our shelves? Fabulous!

I am interested in the power supply. I sent you a PM earlier…

1 Like

The remaining bits from the giant donation has been sorted:

Boxes on the floor, left to right:

• Computer innards (including a crapload of ribbon cables)
  • External cables (printer, communication, USB, A/V)
  • Power (IEC cords a-plenty, DC power supplies)
  • Miscellaneous wire, mostly non-terminated

Please keep it reasonably orderly as you’re sifting through these.

2 Likes

I was offering to prescrap the old computers and parts for copper. if some one would sell the copper to a scrap yard for money and put said money in makerspace coffers then this is a possible option.

After talking to some people, late Oct started looking like a good time to do this. Plenty of time to get one’s stuff/act together. :laughing:

1 Like

Let me know when this is - I would like to see if people in CA would be interested in a art supply /fabric swap as well. A good de-hoarding is always good for the soul.

2 Likes

I’m in. I’ve got a bunch of leather work related stuff I can part with (crystal rivets, conchos, buckles, stamps - yeah a bunch)

2 Likes

Would a Saturday be better? 15th or 22nd? We could have a pot luck right after.

No. I’m flying on the 15th, unless you want a separate swap day for CA.

I think it would be fun to do it all at once. Kinda rag tag swap meet kinda thing. Worth a shot. I’m willing to do it whenever works. I just need to get it locked in my schedule.

@Andrew_Falgout you might be interested in getting sawdust heads involved as well.

Late October works best for me. That will allow me to gather everything I need to be rid of and maybe find some more to add to the list. Anyone interested in any specific items feel free to contact me with a PM. Thanks

Current list of items that I will have for the swap meet so far:

• 2 different freestanding CD/DVD duplicator towers
  • 100 CD jukebox
  • triple head LCD monitor stand and monitors
  • two old AT style computer cases. One in really nice shape and other just a little yellowed.
  • possibly repairable LCD computer monitor (around 28-30")
  • surplus servers, workstation PCs and LCD monitors
  • Buffalo 1TB NAS (4x250GB)
  • assorted old Apple and Commodore computer accessories
  • two 21" Dell Trinitron CRT monitors (free to good home)
  • HP Laserjet 6P printer
  • Rimage robotic inkjet CD printer/burner system (model 2000i)

Ok 22nd? Swap 3:30-5p pot luck 6:30-8p?

Sound good?

4 Likes

Sounds good to me!

I’m free that day. Let’s get it up on the calendar so we don’t forget.
Will be set up in the different sections? Maybe take up the interactive classroom?