Show and Tell February 2022

Heart Shaped Boxen…

Is Dallas Makerspace helping you fulfill your Valentine’s Day dreams? Help us join in by posting to this thread with some photos and a description of something you are working on this month at the 'Space (or wherever) and we’ll help you join in our fun, too!

Small craft projects, large CNC router projects, quick & dirty tools made by tools, and so much more happen at Dallas Makerspace. Cool things done at DMS by cool people often go unseen by our peers, not to mention the curious public. Post up here to share the interesting things you are doing with Dallas Makerspace this month!

These posts help promote cohesiveness and community at Dallas Makerspace, inspire others to make a cool something. and help our PR show off what can be done here using social media or blog posts (with attribution to each maker of course).

:bulb: NOTE: Consider the following on each post, to help make for richer experiences:

• a QUALITY photo can help us with the vision
  • WHO you are, possibly for attribution outside of this venue, but also to help our fellow members get to know each other (or at least each other’s work)
  • WHAT you’ve made might not be immediately obvious, but even if it is, we :heart: a good story!
  • HOW you’ve made it (and perhaps HOW DMS helped) inspires others to follow along
  • WHY you made it (all about the inspiration, dontchaknow)
1 Like

Worked on this piece and finished it. I had to order more rings today, but I am really enjoying chainmail.

15 Likes

Also the Mobius Flower, which is super simple. Its so simple I didn’t feel like I learned anything LOL

12 Likes

I love this!!

1 Like

Hey everyone! I just finished a Deadmau5 helmet for a client and used the thermoform/vacuum former at DMS to make the eyes and visor for this project. Thanks to Capt. for teaching me how to use the machine.

Long story short, I 3D modeled, 3D printed, fabricated, painted, programmed, and designed a wireless electronic system that is usb-c rechargeable and Bluetooth compatible. The user can change the rgb’s color, patterns, brightness, and speed settings on the dabble app.

Deadmau5 is an electronic music producer, DJ, and musician.

18 Likes

Added the DMS logo to my canvas bag at the end of my most recent trip to the 'Space.
I keep so many reusable bags for shopping trips, that I wanted to make sure I had at least one dedicated for things I’m bringing to and from the facility.
I had brought with me that day the felt and scissors, and used the Space’s straightedge and sewing machine to help assemble it.
(fiddled with the logo’s dims to better cover over the bag’s previous legend.)

13 Likes

Made some screech owl nesting boxes for 2022. Western Red Cedar, with a Walnut entrance hole.

26 Likes

This is so cool! <3 Are you considering doing a class of these?

The Mobius flower is so easy it would literally take ten minutes to make. I do plan on building a class for making chainmail weaves, I just have to collect the rings first. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My jump rings for my Byzantine chainmaille did not come in, so I ended up playing with what I had. Here is a teeny Mobius flower and then a turquoise and gold two-in-one chain bracelet (with a gold Mobius flower attached.)

11 Likes

Here are some of the paintings made in my Acrylic Pour Painting 101 class last week. Sadly and paintings not picked up by tomorrow will be poured over in upcoming classes.

15 Likes

I mean, I didn’t make this wall art at the space but created this for someone. Any WoW fans out there?

8 Likes

What are we looking at?

Woodworking workbench made out of less than ideal lumber. Mostly. Split-top Roubo.

29 Likes

It’s just wall art for a World of Warcraft fan. It’s a computer game. Glows in the dark.

1 Like

Very nice work there Andy

2 Likes

Hello Everyone! I am a new (6 week) member. I built a pair of Hydrophones and write it up as an instructable Hydrophones

I used the 3D printer to make the molds and was assisted by the Blacksmith team for testing them.

Love the space!
Jules

13 Likes

“less than ideal lumber” , but it looks top notch! Great job!

3 Likes

I hope people grabbed their paintings! These are all amazing!
Also, I hope you’ll do another class, I would love to join next time.