Show and Tell February 2022

There’s a class with openings in March :slight_smile: Events | Dallas Makerspace Calendar

2 Likes

Those owl boxes look great! Y’all got some posh screech owls!

1 Like

3D Resin Lithophanes

I was experimenting with creating lithophanes with a resin (SLA) printer. I was surprised at how easy it is and results.

11 Likes

I’ve been thinking about doing some myself. Those results are awesome. How long did they take?

A couple of hours. I made 7 at the same time since it takes the same time to do one as it does to make 7. YouTube has some good videos showing how to do it. An online program does the photo conversion process.

1 Like

I saw a YouTube video where the guy was printing them flat on the platform in around 20 minutes.

I designed and 3d printed this pvc pipe table clamp for my e-commerce work station.

14 Likes

Yes, it is faster that way, but it is recommended to tilt models at an angle to get a better print (to avoid trapping air, better resin flow from print, etc.) For the experts out there, please chime in.

2 Likes

Project from metal sheet basics
Good class…good instructions!!

12 Likes

I made the retiring cub master a sword. It’s 4 ft tall, which turned out to be taller than my kid.

14 Likes

Metal box class

10 Likes

VACUFORM Class. There were six students in the VACUFORM class tonight and it was literally next to the metal box class @Julie-Harris was in. Here’s just one of the items made in the class tonight.

12 Likes

This is the first class in a series, final master class is “build your own coffin day” lmao.

1 Like

Lol I’ve already made my own urn. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Flint striker made out of a file

11 Likes

That’s so pretty! How did you make it?

1 Like

@Julie-Harris and I are having a great time in the Brookhaven blacksmithing class. Here’s my flint striker and flint plus the beginnings of a nail-header made from a railroad spike.

10 Likes

Just by placing several rings together inside each other.

1 Like

Finally finished my first project at DMS!

12 Likes

I thought I would post a picture of what they ladies did that showed up for my not quite canceled class today. Took over the class and of course she does live things differently but I Liz’s pendant is suspenden is made with pearls rubies Sapphires and emeralds and Laura’s pendant is I believe garnets and seed beads I wasn’t able to be there to teach but I’m glad they came and learn knife work

9 Likes