Show and Tell April 2020

Those are soooooo awesome!!! Which program did you use? Aside from the silhouette.

I made a couple of purses. Flamingoes for my Mom and dragons for me. :smiley:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_mini_8643

16 Likes

how many collars can you fit on Surf’s neck? :giraffe:

2 Likes

I clean up the photo in Procreate on my ipad, then turn into the ink drawing with the imaengine app, then final cleanup in Coreldraw. I’m sure there’s an easier way, but this works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure, I’ll find out. Stand by…

It appears that Surf has a 4 collar neck. As a side note, the top 2 were made by @cookiecody

17 Likes

Surf has very good taste in collars! :joy:

2 Likes

I’m trying to fix an arcade game and/or old computer board per day for the month of April.

Today is the 8th and so far I’m at 9 boards - 6 Galaga, 1 Mappy, 1 Nintendo Vs., and a Donkey Kong 3. I’ve been documenting some of the repairs on a couple of Facebook groups.

For the Donkey Kong 3 I had to repair a damaged trace:

Once it was identified, the coating was removed with a fiberglass pen, the trace ends were tinned, and a bare piece of tinned 30ga Kynar wire was laid down, bridging the gap.

13 Likes

Surf is a very patient boy to let you do that!

1 Like

He thought I was going to take him for a walk :joy:

1 Like

Carved another block for printing today. It’s based on a picture in the back of a book called “a vroom by the sea”

8 Likes

Wolf fox picture. Paper water color pencils and berols.

Wood and resin lamp. Item was constructed with JET Lathe, drill press and epoxy resin applied via various paint brushes.

13 Likes

I’ve been slumping bottles, trying to use up my stash

10 Likes

Ha, are we going to the same space? ACME makerspace on riverfront?

Last week I fixed my CR-10 printer by adding a 750 watt bed heater. Before it took 15-20 minutes to get the bed up to 60°C. Now I can get it to 100°C in less than 2-1/2 minutes. I’ve been working it pretty hard making mask strap holders (to relieve ear rubbing) for the techs and nurses at my wife’s dialysis provider, and my friends in nursing and healthcare.

EDIT: The design that I chose is available here (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4271434). I modified it to create a size between the two provided by this design.

12 Likes

I made a lamp out of one of @Anette_Henningson vases that had a hole in the bottom.

The lamp shade is only temporary, it came off my leg lamp. I think I may try and make a stained glass lamp shade for it when we reopen.

12 Likes

I cut out 50 of these and hid them around the house for an adult quarantine appropriate Easter egg hunt. The reward was a bottle of honey whiskey for finding them all

6 Likes

I hand-stitched a couple of cloth masks because I was too lazy to get out the sewing machine.

I got creative with materials since I have stash for a zillion other hobbies except sewing.

Fabric is from work dress-shirts my husband was retiring (worn cuffs/collar).

Elastic is like Unobtanium, so the tie is a shoelace and a plastic pony bead.

The lacing and slide bead (pic below) is the merger of a couple of ideas I found on the intertubes.

Mainly needed alternative to elastic and something that avoided tying (elderly mother with dexterity and shoulder issues). The slide bead tightens things once adjusted, no need for bow. This would also work ok for a kid.

The pattern is from craftpassion dot com and comes in four sizes. Decent instructions, and any questions were answered by a very good video walkthrough.

This version has pocket for filter and for nose-wire. The shape of it with the nose-wire adjusted actually seals pretty darn good and doesn’t fog glasses.

Here’s better pic of routing, both go behind head which means no loops/pressure behind ears. Slide bead at bottom instead of tie. Makes it also easy to make very small adjustments without re-tying.

11 Likes

Big thanks to Paul and Astrud for their live video. I was real rusty on my sewing knowledge.

14 Likes

I love the bead!

1 Like