New class making snowmen or learning inlace/inlay

Jeff Courtman taught my class. Can’t find him on talk though. Can anyone else on @Team_Woodshop help?

When Mon Sep 4 10am — 11am
Where Workshop - Open Table Area North (Woodworking Only)
1825 Monetary Ln #104 Carrollton, TX 75006
What Learn to use the wood lathes and DMS Easy Wood Tools
Host Jeff Courtman

he’s @jlcourtman
Opening a thread in the #issues-requests category with all this info and requesting the credit would be the “correctest” action, but this’ll probably do it, too, if brought to the attention of @Team_Infrastructure, who are the hard-working folks who actually make these corrections, generally.

All f1x0r3d up. You’re in the database now. Go spin some wood!

1 Like

Still getting this message. sorry for hijacking the thread.

Notice! This event requires completion of the Woodshop Lathe Basics prerequisite. Check the calendar for classes which fulfill this prerequisite.
Have you met the Woodshop Lathe Basics prerequisite? Let us know and we’ll update our records accordingly.

May take a little while for the Calendar app to update the active directory records. I added you myself, so can confirm you’re in there.

2 Likes

Noted! Thank you, I’ll try again later.

This is Jorge, right? I checked the roster - yep, you were there and I dutifully reported it so through the class portal…as to why it didn’t get recorded, I don’t know…Anyone on the database end want to to comment? @AlexRhodes @Tapper ?

Anyway, here’s a screenshot…

1 Like

That list is used for honorariums it doesn’t connect with Active Directory to add them to group. To do that you need to click one tab over and fill out that there.

The reason they are separate tabs is for scenarios where people took the class but shouldn’t be added to the groups. Say someone took a class but failed. You still want to mark the as attended but they shouldn’t be allowed to move on to the next class. In this scenario you also don’t want to penalize the instructors honorarium count.

Hope that makes sense.

2 Likes

This should be at 7PM and not AM.
Angela and I will be coming in this Saturday to figure out a room
where we can give the video portion of the class.
It just helps to have that first for both safety and process.

I am not sure who put the class in at that time.
It might have been me because it was my first class.

Jeff Whitcomb
2100 Bowling Green
Denton, TX 76201
800-969-9368
cell-903-203-9463
“The only good sense is one of humor, without it all the others are worthless.” JCW
[email protected]

1 Like

Thanks all. I’m on the right AD list now, and am also enrolled in the class. All is good on my end!!!

Alex - it does make sense - I went back and looked at old classes: Some, by marking them attended, apparently autopopulated the AD tab; some, it didn’t…I will go back to all that I have taught and make sure they are “AD’d”. Thanks!

I enrolled in the snowman class and see it on my DMS claender of upcoming classes. But when I open the event it states class is full, not view your registration?

You can come. We also will be giving the class again.

How do I tell how many have signed up for a class?
This is my first one.

Go to the calendar (https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/) and login.
On the tope right select My Account >> Hosting
Click on the class to expand it and select More Info and RSVP
Scroll to the bottom and you’ll see who is listed for the class.

I’m looking forward to it tonight!!

1 Like

looking forward to it!

Thanks. We are in the Interactive room for the first portion.

Jeff Whitcomb
2100 Bowling Green
Denton, TX 76201
800-969-9368
cell-903-203-9463
“The only good sense is one of humor, without it all the others are worthless.” JCW
[email protected]

It worked.
Looks like it is just you and Anita.
That is good.

Jeff Whitcomb
2100 Bowling Green
Denton, TX 76201
800-969-9368
cell-903-203-9463
[email protected]

I would like to thank Jorge and Anita for coming to class. It was a cluster to schedule due to my lack of knowledge but they both went home with a beautiful snowman. We are looking to have another class over Thanksgiving weekend.

2 Likes

This was so much fun! I hope you guys do this class again. I would definitely take it again and maybe make one faster the second time around. I have only taken the intro to lathe class and Jeff and Angela easily brought it down to my level. I’m much more confident on the lathe too.

Here’s my snowman! Better pic forthcoming.

6 Likes