New Calendar and Honorarium process

I like the new calendar system, but I know transitions are painful, and I know that it will be confusing for people to continue to look at two systems.

Do we have transition dates and guidelines? … for instance, all events scheduled for date XYZ and later will be ONLY in the new system? For the period of A through B, the old calendar will be the overriding factor in the case of discrepancies? At what date will the “old” calendar system be completely out of use?

Or any similar rules that might help transition?

I don’t necessarily know that the person wants the spot at the time of the class creation.

1 Like

Cary, that makes sense. I know that instructors try hard to accommodate people with special circumstances. It would be nice to have future calendar enhancements to deal with those situations.

I can think of other reasons for changing the number of spots after a class is submitted, so I’d vote for that as a future enhancement. (Not meaning to take for granted all the hard work that went into the initial system, mind you … :heart_eyes_cat: )

That should work, but if we get repeat offenders with no w-9 on file we will most likely revoke their classes.
The w-9 matching is tied to an email and we have yet to match names to emails and hope to do that in the really near future.

1 Like

I was finally able to get the calendar on the main page. https://dallasmakerspace.org/calendar/ I think I have updated all the links to the new address to create an event, but if anyone finds any, please let me know.

I wasn’t sure the best way to transition but we did transfer some classes over but those classes lost some functionality. The best practice if possible is to have people re enter their class. I know this isn’t ideal but it should only be a one time problem. As for guidelines, I created the doc in the original post to hopefully explain some things a little better. I will try and contact instructors to have them move them over. Tomorrow I will probably start moving some classes over, but then they will all be assigned to me. I think August 14th is a good cut off date of where I wont move any over and is up to the instructors to move them over.

We’ll do it live

Yes Finance Committee is meeting. I saw no way to edit the start time. End time is okay, so just left it. Place is empty in the morning anyway. Have added room for future Sundays. Thanks for bringing to my attention.

I was under impression items were being transferred to new calendar. I’ve noticed my Bridgeport classes for the 2nd have been deleted. Wondering if anyone will show up now or if I should bother coming or just put CANCELLED on Talk and try to reschedule. I can’t find old calendar. Not sure if just hasn’t been transferred to new calendar yet or not.

I think this is a good practice, and you might want to consider posting/pinning this information at the top of the Forum.

Not everything has been transferred. If you see a class that you are teaching missing. Please re enter it into the calendar.

The Old calendar can be found here https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=dallasmakerspace.org_6ipmavoef85vn59hlsbhgei4ok%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicago

1 Like

@AlexRhodes,
Does the new calendar have an ical or html link that can be used to add/synch to other calendar programs/systems? I have the old calendar linked to my Google calendar. More than once I’ve seen a class at the last minute and was able to attend. It’s just so much more convenient than going to the website directly.

Other than that, it looks good. Thanks for all the hard work.

1 Like

why yes it does, Sorry I forgot to post that.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/feed

3 Likes

Your Tuesday Bridgeport classes are both showing in the new system now.

Alex helped me out - got it fixed and learned more about the back end.

3 Likes

Who do I need to talk to about issues logging in to add an event?

If I’m understanding, wouldn’t this be the same info I use to access the billing system? If so, the same info doesn’t work when trying to log in to add an event for me.

If it’s some other login, how do I find that out?

On a different note, I’m unable to even view/work the new calendar from my iPhone/safari. The buttons are there but unresponsive :frowning:

I have four classes that I’m trying to either check status if they made the switch or add again (spinning and Fiberarts on two Tuesdays in August and two in September)

If you don’t remember your password you can reset it HERE. Once you reset you you should be able to use that for all our systems. It is the same login as the billing system, MakerManager3, and the new calendar system.

I have tested it on my Nexus 6p but just now saw it on an iPhone5s and you’re right. I spoke with the developer and he said he will see what he can do to make it a bit more usable.

I would go ahead and re enter them. That way you have the ability to edit them and see rosters. If I move them over you lose a lot of functions.

Re my login
I cannot log into the system.
I’d reset the password already before posting last night.
I’ve resets twice this morning.
Each time I can successfully get a password reset successful and it lets me into billing area, where I also verified I’m using correct username (took a screenshot).
Yet when I come in fresh to try to log in to billing or the event calendar, I’m getting invalid message
Frustrated and I’m positive it’s not user error.
**Can someone please look into it? TIA

Re viewing event calendar via mobile
–iPhone, buttons inactive
–iPad, buttons work and initial calendar visible but can’t scroll at all. Can click on the few top entries, works, won’t scroll

[edited: working now after disabled acct fixed, thx!)

1 Like

Please add “Amateur Radio” as an event category. Thanks!

Done. 234567890ABCDE

Gracias! (oh crap… someone fixed the “quotes count” character count, so here’s some non-relevant text to fill up that silly requirement)

1 Like

I am having the same issue here too. I have reset my password, I can log into billing no problem, but the login to submit an event will not let me in.

I started the process all over again, changing my password, again I can log into billing but still not events. I have also tried my username, email addy, talk user ID, nothing is working. I had 3 classes set up on the old calendar and now they are missing but since we had already sold tickets to it I am concerned I may not get my rooms/time slots if I don’t get them set up again quickly… @AlexRhodes any advice on what to try next?