New Calendar and Honorarium process

Never mind about the paid ticket issue, I hadn’t left the Cost field, yet.

How would a host go about holding a spot, and taking it out of the available spots after the event is set up. For example, I’ve had a couple of people pay for previous classes, and then not be able to make it on the day. Since I’ve already purchased the supplies for their spot, I’ve told them that they can come to a future class without paying again. With Eventbrint, I can go to an event and issue a complimentary ticket for them, which in turn reduces the number of tickets still available.

We need to add the Dye Sublimation Printer and Heat Press to the list of Tools.

1 Like

Can you add the National Instruments Virtual Bench and “Electronics Bench tools” to the list of tools?

If they purchased a ticket but didn’t cancel in time, then they lose their money. This is normal practice for most businesses.

When people sign up they will show up in your roster and you can email them directly through that, but there is no field for you to modify and have them respond. We can look to add that later.

The way our process would be is to have them cancel the ticket, and it will auto refund. This also opens their spot for the class. There is no voucher process, but I will see if that can be a future enhancement.

I have added the printer and heat press to the list of tools.

I have added/modified them.

2 Likes

Is the new calendar supposed to already have the events/classes that were listed on the old calendar? If so, then there is a problem. My two Michigan Mighty Mite classes, which did show on the old calendar (Aug 3rd and 20th) are not showing up on the new calendar.

We added some a while back but then it presents a problem that the instructor/sponsor cant modify it. If you could re enter the class it would be best. This transition period will be a little rough.

Also, if people already have an Eventbrite set up, you should copy and paste it into the description or special requirements and let people know to purchase the ticket there. Unless no one has bought a ticket there yet, Go ahead and cancel that Eventbrite and use our internal process.

thanks,

1 Like

I had EventBrite events, and they were already “sold out”. I told the new calendar that there were zero spots and used text explaining that the class was already FULL. I guess I’ll find out this weekend whether that was a good solution for the transition.

(P.S. Cary pointed out that zero spots means “unlimited”. He’s right. I set mine to one attendee and then registered myself. Sorry for the initial inaccuracy).

1 Like

Perhaps just reduce the number of spots you offer via the Calendar?

I saw, and really hope people understand the CLASS FULL. I also saw you put in set up times as seperate events. In the future this is not needed. There is a section in the form that you can accommodate setup and tear down times. It will block others from scheduling the room but it won’t appear on the calendar.

2 Likes

I had to do this in this one instance because I use a different resource (i.e., the computer on the wide format printer) for set-up. My second class is not in the CA room (already booked for a Dye Sub class) so I had to reserve the CA room and the wide format printer computer separately for just the set-up and then we will move to the purple classroom.

1 Like

Yes, I noticed that the Finance team is meeting at midnight Sunday July 31. I’m guessing this means that the conference room they think they are using is not booked for their “regular” meeting.

I just added my Leather Belt Making class for August 7, and it was pretty easy to do.

The class has a fee, and I added a link to Eventbrite, however the class is Sold Out.

Will there be a way for me to edit the description after it’s approved to note that it’s sold out?

The description does say that there’s a fee and that the tickets are through Eventbrite so is that enough?

You can edit the Title (add sold out), the short description, special considerations, categories, tools, room and files. All the other stuff is locked when you submit.

That should be good enough, but I cant guarantee that everyone will read.

Ah yes, I see that now. Thanks @AlexRhodes . This looks great.

2 Likes

You can’t edit the number of spots once a class is submitted.

The problem with setting zero sports is that zero means no limit.

Cary - you’re right. Since my class was “sold out” I also told the new calendar to allow one attendee (and then I registered myself to fill that one slot). This is a good solution only for free classes.

@CaryF300 - if your class is sold out, you could select the option for “attendees must be approved” and you could then reject any new registrants who didn’t notice the “CLASS IS FULL” notice.

2 Likes

Sorry. I didn’t choose my words precisely. I meant couldn’t you reduce the number of spots when you make the initial submittal, just mentally holding one open for that specific individual.

I have a current W9 on file @ DMS, but the system won’t let me submit a class without attaching something. Will a text document suffice for now stating so, or is there another method to deal with this?

1 Like