MultiCAM - Going to the dogs

Woof, woof. There we go again with that fifty char requirement. Programmers and filters, what a pain. The fun begins in just a few hours.

4 Likes

Sorry, I don;t understand this comment. Could you please elaborate?

The CAD monkey has finally submitted a workable doggie plan. The Chief Minion Manager is reviewing the plan.

2 Likes

The doggie hole plan has been released to the production minions for execution. One last look at our pristine table prior to it being bored into like a drunken woodpecker gone wild.

2 Likes

First dog holes have been milled. Only forty some odd left to go. This will add amazing capabilities to our little machine.

Public Safety Reminder
Never, Ever, Drill holes into your work. It will catch on fire. Yes we have had a couple of those in the past. The correct technique to employ is to mill the hole with a bit that is smaller than the inside diameter of the hole to be milled.

1 Like

The full pattern of dog holes on the first section has been completed.

1 Like

Last update for the night.
All the dog holes have been milled.

Teaser of what”s to come. If this isn’t an a-hah moment for you, don’t worry, as this will be covered in the new training classes. It will also covered in the current user refresher classes.

10 Likes

Looks great! So excited to get to play with these new toys

3 Likes

How’re things going? Is the machine usable without the dogs?

@Hanna_Kessler

Bob K and I will be making the committee dogs this week in machine shop. We plan on resetting machine 0,0 - Home 0 tonight to reflect the new user origin as defined by the dog holes. Hopefully we can get a couple of lab rats on it this weekend for testing and feedback. @Brian is one and @IanLee has first right of refusal on the second slot. This will help us flesh out the needed updated training for users that are current. That term (current) is still being debated, meaning that just because someone has AD doesn’t mean they can skip the refreshed CAM & machine training. I realize that you were frequently using the machine so you will probably only require the updated machine training class and online and machine-side exam.

3 Likes

Voyeur alert:
As the sleep deprived minions we are, tonights machine adjustments have been kicked to the morning. Sorry for disrupting your viewing pleasure. We expect there will more engaging entertainment available on YouTube. Search for Armadillo races or perhaps Mongolian gerbil death matches.

Have a great evening.

4 Likes

I’ll own this one. I’m exhausted.

2 Likes

sounds good. I am fine to get updated as long as it can be done in a fairly timely manner. I have a project that’s deadline is coming up sooner rather than later I need to get on.

Thanks for the offer, but this should really go to someone who is willing to teach, like any of the people who stepped up previously.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing.

1 Like

Hey, It’s David, the guy with pink hair who was asking about it in-person today. I’d love to test it out and/or re-certify or refresh whatever I need to do asap once the new system is ready to go. I have a few projects coming up and I was using it as recently as 6 weeks ago so I guess I could be considered “current.” My schedule is flexible with enough advanced notice, and while I’m not a pro I’d be willing to help/teach others too once the new process is rolled out. let me know what I need to do and how I can help out.

1 Like

What’s the status? I went by yesterday morning to watch, but . . .

Maybe sometime I can try to help.

Next step is to set the controller to recognize the new Home 0. Infrastructure is reviewing what is needed for us to upgrade VCarve from version 9.x to 11.x . Machine shop is also knocking out some dogs for the new job indexing scheme. The new dust boot design has to be tweaked and the parts ordered. We are pretty certain that cutting without dust collect hastened the shop A/C filters to an early death. Notice how hot it was in wood shop last week? It was absolutely brutal. To purposefully spew dust into the air is unacceptable. Our goal is to have @Brian shaking it out is weekend as his time allows, on a low dust material, while chasing with a shop vac. Like any other real project, the last 20% takes a bit longer than wanted.

Here we go. Time to reconfigure Home 0.

Current Home 0 after machine hard limits.

The new Home 0 should be at the intersection of the dogs.

2 Likes

Machine shop has produced the first two dogs out six-hundred. It takes about ten minutes each.

4 Likes

Witness that the new auto park position is now aligned with the dogs after hard home is established. The user would set a soft home at this point.

2 Likes