MiG or Tig welding class

Looked at the calendar and there is no upcoming welding class this month?

Any input on when the people will be able to get training/ clearance to use the equipment.

Regards,

You missed it. I taught two classes for TIG this past Sunday.

Due to complaints from the class attendees, I’m holding off scheduling more until the AC is back up and running.

1 Like

13 posts were split to a new topic: Metal Shop A/C (+ Woodshop)

There’s a MIG class on the schedule for July 12. Covers welding safety as well.

2 Likes

Get it while it’s hot :slight_smile:

Thanks for scheduling something @brsims

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll sign in for that class.
@brsims
How about the Tig welding?

We’ll get something back on the schedule before too long. @malcolmputer gets funny about heat in the shop :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My buddy and I are joining DMS and we wanted to get into this class. I looked a couple days ago and it was open. Now it’s closed. Might you be willing to either expand this one, or do another one? Seems like we’ve got pent up demand…

They fill up pretty quick. There’ll be another in the next week or so.

1 Like

OK. Thanks for your willingness to teach those of us who never grew up around welding! I’ve been wanting to pursue this for 20 years…

2 Likes

I definitely want in on a TIG class! I have aluminum intercooler piping that needs some work!

I’m happy to teach you TIG, and show you how to weld on Aluminum, but if it’s a microchannel coil, you have a very low chance of success in repairing it yourself.

Not sure what a microchannel coil is. I want to weld on an aluminum 1/8" NPT bung for boost reference

Oh, yeah, that should be do-able with a ton of practice.

Maybe some experienced maker could help me out? I would be willing to pay

I’d rather teach you how to do it if you are interested in learning. By a ton of practice I mean something like buy 4 or 5 of the bungs to practice welding on and then weld the same weld many times before welding on the actual real piece.

Okay awesome! I am shopping bungs now and have spare piping of the exact same dimensions. Any chance you can show me the ropes this weekend for a one on one? I would be glad to compensate you since there is nothing on the calendar.

God I hate micro channel coils. Yes on paper the efficiency is great but the real world called and wants something that works.

Me too. If you have a borked one, I’d love to try to repair one someday. It falls into the same thing as welding coke cans. I’d like to brag about being able to do it, and then never have to do it again.

Sending you a PM.

and come on surely that’s enough characters to hit the 20.