July 2019 kiln news

Glaze unloaded. Some amazing works this round!! Great job everyone! :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

5 Likes

Looks great! Who did the scalloped plate? Is that Palladium?

Beautiful!

That’s me! :raising_hand_woman:t2: Yes, palladium on top and satin black on the underside.

3 Likes

Is one of the kilns down right now? I saw a sign taped on the front of one.

Maybe DMS could purchase such a mold. I think for Halloween, The Day of the Dead and a number of other purposes it would be very popular. In any case, it is very impressive.

I like the daughter’s dating reference, too.

Bisque out this morning

4 Likes

You will need to discuss that with the Ceramics chair

I’m freaking loving those tentacle cups! Kudos to whomever made them.

5 Likes

I didn’t make them, but I do tentacles for my Squid-oid ink pot. Should we have a class? Honorariums being what they are, students would need to pay a token price, but…

4 Likes

That was me. Thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

When is the next glaze batch going in? My poor piece has been sitting on the glaze shelf for 7 days now. :cry:

It’s not in any of the pictures from the last glaze batch, but I knew there were a ton waiting to get fired when I put mine on the shelf. I keep refreshing this page 2-3 times a day hoping to see my finished glazed piece. :stuck_out_tongue: Hoping it’s soon because I’m impatient. :hourglass_flowing_sand: :laughing:

Yes there is a kiln down right now, Fitzgerald. There is glaze work in it. Once the re-bisque items from the previous mis-fire are out of the only running kiln, Gatsby, we will load it up with the glaze items in Fitz and any additional we can fit. We are going to need everyone’s patience, things won’t be as fast as they have been unfortunately

Did you find the problem?

We voted on getting that kiln purchased from Nathan and repaired 2 months a ago. Is there a reason that has not been done?

Since it is equipment used I am sure the finance committee will approve the cost. 3rd mention of this, at the volume the kilns are used the wires really should also be replaced.

1 Like

I thought this WAS the kiln that Nathan has let us on loan?

We had also voted to buy a new kiln, but not until we have moved and have room.

1 Like

Nathan agreed to sell us the kiln he has been loaning us for I think for 129.00 ish. Amazingly cheap for the service this kiln provides.

1 Like

Spending has been put on hold for the time being, this was discussed in the last meeting as well. Yes, Fitz is on loan and we agreed to purchase and look into repairs until a hold on spending was placed. We are in discussions with the board.

2 Likes

I think you may be a little fuzzy in the on hold spending. The kiln is needed equipment. I can see holding on paying Nathan the $129 to buy it, but putting a hold on seeking approval for the repair I don’t get.

Calling @Tapper - please advise on the process to get needed equipment used several times a week repaired.

FYI, tapper is fully involved in this process. The right folks are engaged :slight_smile: