July 2019 kiln news

Bisque unloaded

8 Likes

Please take the white clay items off my black clay items. Not a good idea to stack light and dark colors. Color scapes will make us both unhappy.
Thank you

2 Likes

I’m looking for a small bowl with my signature on the bottom. Flying V and annister, 2019. I spotted the other day, but now I can’t find it again. I don’t think I glazed it, and it’s about due to age off the bisque shelf.

Thank you for firing our newbie bowls. We came in and glazed them tonight :heart:

In other news, i forgot to leave money for the glaze use, but i will rectify that next time we’re there. Sorry :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Bisque doth overfloweth :hatching_chick:

4 Likes

@brendamvilla @Monikat If you guys want more of these shelves, Petland in plano is going out of business and had them for 25 each. Call to see if they are still avail.

3 Likes

Thank you! We need some for the new space!

1 Like

Do you want me to find out if they are available? I used to work there

1 Like

That would be great :slight_smile: thank you. If you could message me with details, I would greatly appreciate it.

1 Like

Bisque unloaded

2 Likes

!!! Whoever has the skull, omg <3

1 Like

I was thinking that too, very cool.

1 Like

I have the large skull mold on loan from JH.

We did a slip cast event as a pre get ready for the Raku / Horse hair event. Some of the raku participants do not throw. So several of us brought our personal slip cast molds to share.

Johnny B plans to horse hair fire his skull.

Mine I’m thinking day of the dead maybe?

2 Likes

I want a cow skull mold

I have some but they are smaller. Sometimes I pull the horns off and stick them on ceramic human skulls or other things like doll faces/heads.

That skull mold comes with “add ons” like a spider, vampire teeth and horns. A glitter vampire skull is on my list of things to make.

ETA - someday I will get this dragon skull mold… http://www.debmark.com/molds/DH/DH.php?start=3566#start

4 Likes

I like that skull as well. I may need to get one, soon. It will serve well in my daughters future dating scene.

3 Likes

Glaze unloaded

3 Likes

Might want to check with @cmcooper0 about one of these voodoo setups for that…

1 Like

@Team_CeramicsFire. @Monikat will you be firing bisque Wed eve, Thursday or Friday ? I have a piece I wold love to have done by Saturday afternoon if possible?

Thank you
Anita