July 2019 kiln news

Thank you for the update Freddy.

I have a lot of opinions on the kiln not working, but I’ll not post them to keep peace.

Bisque unloaded… shelves are full😁

3 Likes

Hello, I don’t want to be a bother, but I was just wondering if there will be another bisque firing before Tuesdays Crystalline glaze event? And due to the kiln being down, will this event even be happening?
Thanks! <3

1 Like

Hi Christy, We will be running a bisque when this glaze is out of the kiln, should be Sunday morning. All of the items for this class should be on the shelf and dry enough for firing on Sunday. As for the event going forward as planned on Tuesday, I need to chat with @cmcooper0 about it and get back to the people signed up for the class.

Christy also sent everyone an email letting them know not to stress too bad if their pieces aren’t ready by Tuesday. It hit my spam filter but fortunately I check that routinely. Ideally we do want to get them done all during class time. I think my last thing came out of bisque today so thanks to the firing team!

1 Like

Yes, we will still be holding the glazing class on Tuesday. If you have pieces ready, excellent. If you don’t, no worries at all! Come on along and we’ll be learning about application and stand preparation. I can hype you up and help get you on track to create groovy bisque that we can fire on the next go. I’m thinking a workday get together could be fun and useful.

If we have enough pieces, we’ll be kicking off a firing that night. If we are short, we’ll create a snazzy protected area for storing our glazed pieces and set a future date. The goal though is to put one through Tuesday evening so we get some results and can tweak for a ‘down the road’ round two. Yay for experimentation!

1 Like

All, I’ll be loading a bisque run on Sunday after 3pm. If you have pieces you need fired for the macro class, please make sure they are on the bisque shelf and/or labeled so I know which are critical to load. This will have the bisque out by Tuesday afternoon which is just in time for class.

4 Likes

Glaze unloaded

5 Likes

Bisque unloaded

1 Like

Seriously in love with that skull. Going to have to find a mold!

1 Like

I’d be happy to let you borrow it after the people who are using it are finished! My name and phone number are on the mold so as long as it makes its way back to me eventually…I don’t see myself pouring it any time soon. It is also still available to buy on Debmark last I checked and I get less anxious about loaning out the molds that I can just re-order. It’s the ultra rare, discontinued molds that are irreplaceable that I get a little clingy about, I’d probably just want to be there when those are poured.

4 Likes

That would be very kind of you! I will also check Debmark and look at cost…kind of need to weigh out how often I think I will use it : ) However already have a few ideas!

1 Like

I want a backyard littered with them… for reasons…

4 Likes

I’ve figured out a use for the baby head and now I want/need like 3 of them!

I will bring you my mold to use :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glaze firing unloaded

Thanks so much!

I’m a brand new member here and wanted to ask if there is a firing schedule? :slight_smile:

Whenever there’s enough to fill the kiln. Right now, that’s about as soon as it’s empty.

1 Like

Awesome. Was there a bisque kiln loaded this week? I see the one that was recently unloaded… also I would be happy to help however I can with the loading and unloading process if needed!

1 Like