July 2019 kiln news

Bisque unloaded

2 Likes

Anita, was the pieces you needed in the last bisque unload? If not let us know what piece you are looking for. We will more than likely load a glaze then another bisque.

I will have it there around 4:30 today.
Thank you

Iā€™ll be there as well :slight_smile:

Is it going to be at the space again anytime soon?

Was never officially at the ā€œspaceā€ afaik, it was brought to a class to share for that event.

Ceramics isnā€™t too keen on taking care of them. We host way too many junk molds and throw them where ever suited.

Halloween molds would be a great demo for open house night. The committee meeting is tonight if you wana drop by, and see if they are keen on some modern slip cast molds. Always tons of interest when nice molds show up in this feed, so do not see why it wouldnā€™t be a good thing.

3 Likes

I have a bunch of Halloween molds that I would be happy to share for this. It doesnā€™t make sense for one person like me to have a ton of molds sitting on my porch, they are better shared and I love sharing them to see what people make. I just havenā€™t figured out how to make this work other than loaning them out to a few people that I trust. If there was some way to rotate the molds available to use at the various local Makerspaces, for example quarterly, I think that would be ideal. Then people would have a lot of different molds available to use and I could put out seasonal molds.

2 Likes

A Halloween event with tons of creepy molds and some activites in the meantime while they set would be awesome. Iā€™d love to make a centipede baby but havenā€™t had time. Iā€™m teaching a class tonight but def. Let me know

2 Likes

Also, if anyone wants to discuss molds at the ceramics meeting tonight, I committed to donating shelving for the molds when this project first started and Iā€™m still willing. I wonā€™t be able to make it to the meeting. The picture below is the shelving that I have on my porch. Iā€™d also love to donate something to the ceramics committee and put a plaque on the shelving dedicated to the person who owned the molds and who worked with us to help bring slip casting to DMS.

9 Likes

I would love to see some more modern molds at the space!

2 Likes

I have a large-ish spider (garden size) mold, plus the hats she might wear. I can bring it to the Space ā€“ when are we thinking of doing this?

1 Like

Thursday night would be fun and help out the space. Try and event in the wet room once we see what we got :+1:t3:

1 Like

I canā€™t make this Thursday but let me know if we want to have an event and Iā€™ll at least bring Halloween molds that someone can borrow for an event or tour night.

1 Like

Dang ā€“ I like to keep a presence back in Ceramics on Tour Night to answer those few folks who are interested in Ceramics. I guess, if we started early (6-ish??) then I could pour, and dump, and then take the mold back to the Ceramics area while it dries enough to open.

Does anyone have the Christmas tree molds?

@Team_Ceramics kiln error FTH 1613*

Was anyone watching to see if the issue was the ramp or a stall?

1 Like

Iā€™ll be there about 1:30 or 2. Is there an error code? If you could confirm the code then stop it so it quits beeping that would be awesome.

1 Like

PROBLEM FTH / Failed to Heat
During a heating-up ramp, the programmed rate is faster
than the kiln can heat. The temperature is below the deviation setting. (See Temperature Deviation in the operatorā€™s
manual.)
Program a slower rate. Or check for worn or burned out elements, defective relays, low voltage and defective thermocouple.

1 Like

Thank you all!
FYI @brendamvilla