How much interest in RFID injected microchips?

The implants are fine in MRI fields up to 3T.

Stan has it. Very few MRIs over 3t at this point.

One caution about some of these implanted chips: increasingly, new systems such as the Active Directory Rights Checker in the Common Room and the Project Storage Ticker Printer in the Workshop use a different kind of RFID reader.

Someone, I think it is @Coul , discovered that literally wiping the back of the hand on the reader is necessary to read it.

Baylor downtown has a 3T scanner. But it’s not the magnet, but the RF that would do the chip damage if anything would. I think we decided on a previous thread like this that they are OK with it in the scanner. Wouldn’t hurt the image and I don’t really think it would heat up the chip and that is the concern the techs have. But . . . it’s subcutaneous. Worst case, it could kill the chip or lyse a few fat cells.

Did we find someone to do the implants? Is there an injector tool. I’ll do it. Got plenty of local anesthetic. Just need some liability waivers and we’re good!

1 Like

One of our members, Dan Q., who does tattoos and body mods, has agreed to do the implants. The implants come with the injector.

1 Like

I noticed there was no anesthetic in the packet.

“Complimentary Product” - $19

I can supply this for free or a few sticks of local anesthetic. Let me know if you want some. Can give you a tube of EMLA and some tegaderm dressings. Apply 30 - 60 minutes before procedure. Or just use some local anesthetic and a tiny needle, like 30 ga. Quicker, prob more effective.

1 Like

Does our reader by any chance read the pet chips? Could save some $ on the chips and I think they would go thru a 13 ga needle.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-DIY-Sensitive-mini-Pet-Microchip-Pack-of-10-Worldwide-ISO-Standard/152319429951?hash=item2376f20d3f:g:E5gAAOSwI8lZ~5ZQ

1 Like

Don’t know but I’m not going to be added to the pet database. :monkey:

2 Likes

We tried the pet chips, and they are a different format. I could get those in Q.100 for $6 each, so it was worth a try, but ultimately didn’t work.

We already have your number. :wink:

1 Like

The kits we have ordered are only the injector and rfid. Dan will be providing all the other necessities for the implanting. I’ll check with him to see if he will be needing any anesthetic.

Sounds like shots of Tequila would be a possible substitute!

1 Like

That’s a big needle. No reason not to use it some anesthetic. EMLA works pretty well if you can get it going 60 minutes before the procedure, apply it topically and leave it alone or place an occlusive dressing over it so it doesn’t get wiped off. Doesn’t get in very deep but would probably suffice for a quick stick by someone who knows what they are doing.

EMLA (lidocaine, prilocaine) is used as topical anesthesia for kids for IV’s and for facial cosmetic procedures like laser.

1 Like

Posts like this make me remember my keys with the rfid fob on it…

My last injection was the series for Anthrax

2 Likes

[quote=“TLAR, post:54, topic:27718”]
My last injection was the series for Anthrax
[/quote

You’re so metal

I have politely declined the annual “flu” shot ever since leaving the Army - it is great to have a choice!

metal or mental?
was that a typo? (one may have to be a little mental to volunteer to be a chairperson eh?)

2 Likes

Potayto
Potahto
I reckon she was going here
https://anthrax.com/

1 Like

Just say no to flu shots - that’s all I’ll say about that for now. I spent half an hr drafting a discussion . . . another thread some day.

If you are in the military “just saying no” is not an option (in many cases)

I understand. Saying you are allergic - anaphylaxis might be able to get you out of it.