Expansion Updates

where can we go to get updates on the expansion status for each department? i have been unable to find anyplace that shows us the status of each department with time lines and what we are waiting on for each department. i see there are expansion meetings planned but they are private meetings.

1 Like

@Team_Expansion

From a previous post:

Is there a timeline? No.
Will there be a timeline? Doubtful.
Currently we are in the process of gathering info/details for electrical in 102.
Do to “financial concerns” and other “issues”, things will be done piecemeal.
Everybody needs to pitch in and be patient. It’s gonnan take awhile, probably a long while…

1 Like

What information are you gathering, what are the next steps to gather that info, how can members assist in gathering info?

What are the pieces?

Calling @patrickpleez1, @richmeyer, @dallasmagna, @procterc

1 Like

The current Expansion Status will be delivered to Talk by this coming Wednesday. I have been out of the country for 2 weeks and need some time to get all updates in order. Please bear with me.

6 Likes

If you’re looking for something to work on/plan - start planning to move the personal storage bins between Science and ELab.

Some places they could go to:
Strip along east boundary of ELab will handle 11 columns. Looks like units were built w/ 3 columns - so 4 units will stick out past the white cabinets. Think this will be ok.

Area where copier used to be in 104. Units could be placed along wall nxt to srvr rm. And possibly along opposite wall.

The BoD approved making the “bin cave” go away. Ultimately the goal is to have personal bins distributed across the DMS complex. There have been complaints by members that their bin is at one end of the complex and where they do most of their work is at the other end.

This will be helpful to members who do most of their work in the 104 area and to Science and ELab.
Come up w/ plan and run it past Expansion/BoD for approval/tweaking.

Thanks

4 Likes

No thanks.

1 Like

No surprises here.
And no worries.
At some point Logistics will be told to move them.
You can chose to help or sit on the sidelines…:laughing:

1 Like

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/moving-personal-staorage-bins-to/61389