Engine Hoist Removed from Automotive on June 7th

@worldcloud mind telling us when the engine hoist will be back? Or the wood stepping stools / support blocks of which two were also removed?

It was removed along with other automotive items on the night of June 7th so you could take it to work on another boat. At the time of this post it has now been 12 days

You said it would be last night, and it’s still not there. It has been deprived from both personal projects, and moving heavy items around DMS.

3 Likes

Can I borrow one of the lasers for the weekend?

3 Likes

This boys and girls, is why comittees become so hard nosed about loaning even the smallest items to members.

1 Like

I doubt they had permission to take the items. If they did have permission then the person that gave it needs to be replaced.

1 Like

I would like to better understand what Automotive assets were removed from DMS, and with who’s permission. Can @TLAR please weigh in in addition to @worldcloud?

5 Likes

I hate to be “that guy”, but someone should probably call the authorities. People should know better.

It’s up to the board since there’s a rule prohibiting people from representing DMS without their permission.

The Automotive lift belongs to Tom Tansey and he has been in loop for weeks. The Automotive Chair or vice-chair must give permission for committee equipment to leave the space, which happened…

I am chair-elect and current vice chair. This was also done with Tom’s constent and is far from the first time the lift has left the space- others have borrowed the lift on multiple occasions, which is one reason Tom has retained ownership of the lift.

Jim was made aware of these facts but still has been making accusations which are false—- or are downright lies.

He wasted time to go pull video, when no one involved is questioning who borrowed the lift.

The lift has been struggling in the past months, so I took time to service the jack, refill the fluid, and clean it up. Recent storms have forced my ‘lifting help’ had to reschedule, but Tom has been kept up to date, and since it’s his lift and not DMSs, then I’m not sure where the issue is, other than Jim wants to repeatedly insert his will into Automotive.

On three three different issues in the last week, he has told Automotive what we ‘have’ to do. As someone which has not attended an Automotive meeting in the past two years, I would invite him to be involved and to express his opinions, but making demands will never outweigh the will of the committee as long as I am involved in Automotive… no bully’s allowed in Automotive…

The intent of the lift is to support Automotive projects and members.

1 Like

I seem to recall that some of the equipment in auto belong to members, and are on loan to auto. The engine hoist belongs to Tom, iirc.

And, that too.

The first thing I did the night of the 7th is ping Tom directly.

You can state you had permission all you want, but u less Tom comes back and says otherwise I’m going by what he’s told me directly.

I’m sorry, it’s “my will” that the tools be available or at least returned in a timely fashion? I think that’s the point of DMS in general

Look in the mirror. As the person physically injured by your negligence I’d say in skeptical I’m being the bully here

As someone who hasn’t been a member that long its first not possible
As someone who travels for a living and actually fulfills his responsibilities as chair on top of my work/life balance, which makes my time nonexistent, there is a reason we have forums and other means to make ourselves heard

1 Like

If you where truly concerned, you would know that committee leadership deals with the issues within the committee. You did not like the answers you got so you have continued to try and create trouble.

I told you, if someone needed the lift that I would go and get it, but yet you could not cite anyone which needed the lift.

I have been involved in most every engine pull in the last year in Automotive, and have been at the space most every night; so your claims are weak at best; not the mention, the engine hoist is designed and intended to lift engines- which is what it has been doing, sorry if an Automotive tool being used for Automotive projects gets in the way of the Metal shop.

And you would be incorrect… I had permission from Tom and my role also means that I had authority to give myself permission.

I told you I did personally for my vehicle, and the metal committee did to move some equipment.

Tom in fact is the one that originally recommended the lift for what I do on my vehicle in the trunk.

Given my back injury, which I remind you was caused by your negligence, I still can’t complete my trunk work.

Last I have from him says otherwise, so unless I hear a retraction I’m operating as such

Conflict of interest, doesn’t look good and I don’t see that authority granted in the committee rules
Additionally you are not the chair, you are a chair elect still awaiting board approval. The rules make no special powers for vice chair nor a chair elect

To quote:

Do not remove any automotive tools from the premises.

There is no off-site borrowing of DMS tools permitted for individual members. removing a tool will be treated as theft.

3 Likes

If the lift belongs to Tom then he can do what he wishes with it. The other items removed are not loaned to the space and need to come back. The engine hoist might be a popular enough tool for the space to purchase another one so there’s always one there. Thanks @TLAR for loaning the tool for so long.

4 Likes

The problem at the moment is I’ve been told one thing, and Joe claims he’s been told another.

Unless Tom posts here saying he approved it, especially for a case where it’s not to just pull an engine or similar to bring back to the space, I am treating it as Tom last informed me which is that he did not grant permission for this.

3 Likes

I gave myself permission is classic. Very poor policy, but memorable.

1 Like
2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.