Electronics Committee Mtng 01/08/22

Sat 1/8/22 3:00p - 4:00p
North Lobby Class Rm / Google Meet
Details coming soon on the Event Cal.

There’s been recent posts on interest in Amateur Radio - AR SIG

From a post some while back -

Here’s my policy for SIGs under the Electronics Committee:
A SIG is a fully autonomous group
The SIG chooses its own leadership and how it’s structured.
SIG members decide what projects, classes, mtngs, etc. they want to do.
SIG leaders need to keep the Chair updated on activities, etc.
While not mandatory, a rep from the SIG should attend the Electronics Committee mtngs and give a short report on the SIG’s mtngs and activities.
SIG leaders need to contact the Chair when resources/monies/proposals are needed.

Policy is in the works and will be changed as needed.

In the near future I will looking for a group of 4-6 members to sort through the pallet rack parts stacked across from Blacksmithing. We’ll be separating out the blue 3 ft wide rack ends along with the corresponding cross members. This is to see what we have to work with and not a build. The code tape on the floor needs to be changed. If I recall correctly the tape needs to be 3 ft out from the breaker box door and 4 ft out from the front of the transformer along the back wall. Need to verify w/ the code meisters. The antenna junction boxes need more work as mentioned in one of the above posts.

As I have stated in previous posts - AR SIG - you need to start considering what /who your leadership will be, take inventory, what antennas are needed for current gear, projects, classes, etc.

3 Likes

@JMAC @jsnowfreedman - I’m going to try to attend the electronics meeting in person this Sat 1/8/22 from 3:00p - 4:00p. Please join if you’re able.

Goal: Gain additional clarity on what’s needed to move forward and see where we can help.

1 Like

In addition to what’s listed above, there’s the following -

1. Cable runs for network, cameras, and access control (door locks). Blacksmithing gets a network drop and cameras also. Evan has started the cable runs. Coordinate w/ Infrastructure to move forward on.
  2. The double doors for the Hamshack and Blacksmithing get vents and windows. Some say take doors off hinges and take over to Woodshop to cut. Others say leave doors on hinges and cut in place. I’ll leave that up to whoever takes on that part of the project. Infra needs to order parts or send me links and I’ll order. Coordinate w/ Woodshop.

I’m sure the list will grow as we progress.