Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - May 2018

Made on the Zing Laser.

20 Likes

I cannot stop laughing at this. I think I would endlessly laugh every time I saw your dog.

2 Likes

And his dog would judge you for that too

2 Likes

It’s pretty much non-stop comedy. We should probably start a Dogs of Makerspace thread somewhere.

EDIT: or cats, or hamsters, or llamas. pets are cool.

2 Likes

We should probably start a Dogs of Makerspace thread somewhere.

Game on!

2 Likes

spectacular, do you have any examples still at the space to see?

The wife made these at home. I wish she would take & give classes on the things she does. But she is quite shy & gets anxious when she has to go out of her shell.

26 Likes

Those are awesome, I’d totally take that class!

6 Likes

I took the forged tulip from the intro to blacksmithing class, added some forged leaves, and potted it up. Nuts seemed like the right kinda of mulch for this.

21 Likes

Would she teach one on one or two with someone that has some knowledge ror the area

1 Like
  1. What are those made of? Beautiful, no matter, but I’m curious to know more.
  2. I feel for her. Totally get it. I’m the same way. I wish you could get her to try it. Teaching is remarkably empowering, in that exact way. I’m SOOO much better at interpersonal interactions than I was, or could possibly be, if I didn’t ever teach (which is pretty sad given how bad I still am at it).
1 Like

She created the wire frames if you will then dipped them in wood glue. Letting them dry between dippings. After they dried she painted them.

6 Likes

I made the screen for these shirts about a year ago when I joined, but I didn’t get around to actually putting it on anything until the Print-A-Thon. I think that concept is a really great idea and I look forward to the next one!

Here’s the resulting shirts. I’m really happy with the results!

17 Likes

Cool design! It’s reminds me of the head of Argus Panoptes. (true story…I met him when he was sitting right in front of me at a movie…argghh!)

1 Like

The flowers look awesome. What are they made out of?

this is a simple embossing plate carved into 0.032" thick brass for use by Jewelry for the rolling mill.
Cut on the haas. This is the first prototype. If it works out I’ll be able to make some more intricate designs for them to use.

14 Likes

Wire shaped to the way she wanted. Then dipped in wood glue to dry a few times. Once it was dry she painted them.

4 Likes

This was my month to learn to use the laser. I made some items for an SCA event including little wooden thank you tokens, reproduction Viking style pouch handles, a “Go-No Go” gauge, and some decorations. Not pictured are the lucet braiding tools I made.

12 Likes