Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - March 2020

Amended 3/18/2020
Please show off anything made OUTSIDE DMS, since we’re CLOSED owing to COVID-19

Post a picture and description of anything you are working on at the 'Space here!

It can be anything from a small craft project to a large CNC router project to building a table to 3D printing to a science experiment and so much more. There are lots of people doing cool things at DMS all the time, but most of us don’t get to see it. Post it here and share the interesting things you are doing at Dallas Makerspace this month!

Posting here helps not only promote Dallas Makerspace, but could inspire others to make something. It will also help PR post a monthly look at what can be done here on a blog post or other social media (with attribution to each maker of course).

:bulb: NOTE: Please try to include the following on each post, to help make for richer social media content!

• a QUALITY photo
  • a notation about WHAT you’ve made
  • WHO you are (for attribution on the blog)
  • HOW you’ve made it
  • and WHY
2 Likes

Almost done with the frame for my Peacock.
Cut the frame on the laser and my used my new mosaic skills from the glass on glass class. Experimenting with multi-colored grout

25 Likes

Alcohol ink bottle holder!

I’ve been looking for a good storage solution for my inks, so I lasercut a holder to fit into a 9L Really Useful Box. Now I need more inks!

30 Likes

Ooo that came out great!

1 Like

I know, right? I’ve got a ton of ideas for storage/organization for my studio now.

1 Like

ican%20party%20light
The iCan Party Light from Aluminoids.com by David Tucker

Remote control color-changing LED unit inside soda can hung from dental floss spinning near a wall.
The can’s exterior has a grid of punctures made from this 3D printed soda can sleeve tool:

17 Likes

Hey during last Thursday night gaming room rearrange we found something that I thought MIGHT be one of those red things you make for cutting cans into vertical strips.

We put it on the lost and found shelf

2 Likes

just finished up a bunch of taphandles for my buddies brewpub / pizza joint in lake highlands. I developed a pretty good production process over the course of the project. The light ones are soft maple, the tall one on the nitro tap is big leaf maple burl.

32 Likes

What’s the place? I’ve got a friend that lives in lake highlands. It gives me an excuse to go see him and eat a pizza!

2 Likes

its called Vector Brewing. They are still under construction but should be open by about April 1. Let Craig know how you found him. Cheers!

5 Likes

D20 Mace. Each triangle has a height of 5".

15 Likes

Working on the sign for our craft show booth, prototyping success!

16 Likes

This is lovely. Have you weighed it? I’m curious how long it all took and how much it weighs. Great job!

1 Like

Handbuilding: Teapot! We had a great time and are really happy with our results. Everyone’s creativity really came through!

18 Likes

My 4th pair of leather suspenders! They’re made out of a very supple leather, like a well oiled leather jacket. No sewing! Just hole punches and rivets. I order the suspender clasps from a special website since most of the suspender clasps sold are too weak for this level of work.

22 Likes

Lapidary- Turritella agate

o

24 Likes

Another Open Forge Day with Mike @HankCowdog making a Steak Turner. As usual, I had a blast and learned much.

13 Likes

Pens pens pens.

First is an Antique Copper Dragon Kit with African Blackwood; it had a cool seam of sapwood running down 1 corner.

Next is a PSI Classic fountain kit with Bubinga.

Last is a PSI Aromatherapy pen kit with cocobolo; first time I’ve seen that different of a grain in one single blank.

22 Likes

Heres a couple of the bandsaw boxes from this weekends class.

24 Likes