Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - March 2020

those look great now I want to take that class

2 Likes

Wow! They look great!

1 Like

Ah, that takes me back. well done, sir.

1 Like

We held a Indigo Shibori class in conjuction with Scrap Denton. Nearly the entire class was introduced to DMS for the first time!

25 Likes

Two freshly cast silver twigs from tonight’s Casting Organic Materials jewelry class.

I think I’ll use them as pendants. Maybe wire wrap onto them and add some crystals.

We’ll see.

In any event, I had a great time making them. :grinning:

31 Likes

Very cool!!

I still need to build my second cabinet very soon, and while I’m not the best carpenter I am extremely happy with my first project at the Makerspace!

25 Likes

17 Likes

We had some fantastic creations in spiders & scorpions class tonight

!

15 Likes

Had fun with the queen of bling tonight @jinxie

11 Likes

S.O. and I had fun with Maggie making lip balm, lotion, and soap today. 2 classes hosted by @kobin: Emulsions and Soap Making in the Science Lab. Lip Balm was super easy with 1 part each wax, soft oil, and hard oil. Lotion was a little more complex with wax, oil, and water. The Soap: a hole different animal with several ingredients including lye and oils/fats causing a chemical reaction creating soap. Super cool. I would definitely take this class again to solidify the information learned and the social event. Left to right: Oatmeal & Silk Soap (must cure for a few weeks), Lip Balm and Sugar Scrub Lip Balm, Lotion

15 Likes

Some shots from our light painting class yesterday. Spots are still available for the classes next week!
Full gallery is saved to N:\Digital Media\Lightpainting\lightpainting 3_13_2020

19 Likes

That was such a fun class! We definitely need to do it again!

1 Like

Ceramic Wind chimes and ceramic image image bird house

13 Likes

I played Warhammer 40K about 8 years ago but stopped after a year or two as life got in the way. I this past year I have gotten back into the hobby and have been rather slowly working through some new figures and wanted to show how I have improved:

Models I painted ~8 years ago:

My first model after picking the hobby back up:

more progress:

My two most recent models:

![52|375x500]

25 Likes

Dude! Those are amazing! Well done!

2 Likes

Not a recent paint job (I don’t even still have this mini) but here’s my best 40K paint job:

16 Likes

I couldn’t help it. I had to make my own. :rofl:

29 Likes

Troll x Air Plant

21 Likes

That is amazing!!! Thank you for posting the finished planter.

1 Like