Dallas Makerspace Show & Tell - December 2019

I am at this stage atm. Hoping to successfully make it into a butcherblock style table top for a computer desk. Got part of my weekends planned until it is done. Going for something similar to this:

20 Likes

Thank you @Christykaake for an AWESOME class!! Keep an eye out for her surface decoration class with underglaze where you can make plates and mugs!

19 Likes

Excellent! I’m an old submarine sailor, myself!

Resin face. Constructed out of resin in resin. Patches done in polymer clay, then acrylic paint applied and seal. pressure pot was used. Art project came out deformed.Unit was prepped via sanding and scuffing of places of repair. nose was replace with polymer clay, Unit was baked and sanded. Experimental art piece.

8 Likes

Luke & I made an LED XMas Tree

Ohh yeah and managed to fit two led controllers In the power supply. One for Experimental pixel mapping, blue tooth and NFC. The other for WiFi and Math algorithms. Plus a 12v to 5v buck and a DSP audio processor with line in and microphone. Plus daisy chaining all the GIOP, TX, RX and sharing audio pins all between them so they can be daisy chained either way in software and switched between with a toggle switch Between the experiment if it fails to the stable production one I’ve been using on the fly if needed

15 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Cool LED Tree! - Discussion

Made a lantern ornament for my grandma out of hickory and walnut.

24 Likes

This is stunning!!

Amazing work!

2 Likes

The door isn’t hung yet, but this will be a cabinet for a fish tank.

15 Likes

A friend of mine harvested a wild hog on his ranch and I extracted the tusks. I decided to make a primitive-looking knife using One of the tuskd as the handle. (Not super practical, but neat looking). I forged the blade with a short, curved hidden tang (boar tusks are hollow) out of a section of coil spring using the induction forge.

To reinforce the primitive look, I finished it with a knapped flint look to it.

I’m happy with the finished look, though the extreme curve in the handle makes it a better desktop letter opener than an EDC.

18 Likes

very cool, did you turn it in all 3 axis?

1 Like

what is the wrap?? well done.

No, i drilled the 2 horizontal axis on the press and the 2 vertical on the lathe.

1 Like

The wrap is suede leather lace, applied with a copious amount of super glue and the end of the wrap tucked under an earlier loop to contain the end.

Form 2 Grey Resin print @ 50 microns. Model from myminifactory.com
https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-the-grinch-by-dr-seuss-79900

Modified to add loop so can be used an ornament and hollowed out for SLA printing.

11 Likes

I tried to follow a you tube wrapping video to wrap this glass fused pendant I made (bubble and all) a while back. Any suggestions for a necklace to go with it I’m all ears.

9 Likes

small black beads, perhaps? Rock Barrell (near TI) usually has a good selection of stone beads. You might even find some that are like the glass in the background.

1 Like

Thanks that is a neat suggestion!

My 2nd and 3rd stained glass projects ever. Getting more confidence and happy with the results regardless. Added one of the bead spiders from the class awhile back to the spider web. All are Xmas gifts.

20 Likes

I love your color choices!

2 Likes