Dallas Makerspace Show and Tell - October 2017

That is impressive. I’ve always wanted to do custom CF parts.

1 Like

Me too. Or Fiberglass. Never been able to self-start, though. love to see some composite classes round here… :slight_smile:

1 Like

These turned out great! :clap:

Made a “gnome door” to put up in a local “gnome lane” nearby.

Scrap wood and 3D printed “hardware” for the door.

Stilll need to make a doorframe.

12 Likes

Banana for scale? :blankspace:

2 Likes

A standard banana for scale…

1 Like

Something like that along with the article on OOB backdoors for 2600 magazine and Defcon.

Also can’t forget - https://vintage-computer-committee.github.io

Finally, STEM classes:

Update

5 Likes

I inadvertently provided An iPhone shadow for scale :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I don’t show and tell a lot of my costumes but I thought I would share this one. Darth Maul: costume created out of silk, linen and cotton blends. Horns are painted latex and makeup is by Christina Revis.

22 Likes

Very nice. Who did the double ended light saber?

1 Like

Ultrasaber is the company I believe

About the final flush of peppers.

13 Likes

Very nice Ken. I only got a few peppers out of my garden last year, so I didn’t bother this year. By peppers I mean milder Jalapeños & Serrano

Sure, I’m getting prepped to cold treat some in the freezer. I’ll get you a selection.

What no N2 Mister Freeze?

1 Like

That is absolutely amazing.

1 Like

CNC’d cribbage board, destined to be a Christmas present for my dad. Made on a home brew CNC router at the Fort Collins Creator Hub in Colorado.

Update: now stained.

p.s. Black is cheating.

16 Likes

I always get nostalgic for Cribbage; it was my grandfather’s game. He would teach each grandkid (sons but one) to play “in turn”. Once said child won a game, it was over. Alas, he passed away before I was the chosen, as the youngest. I occasionally think I should learn to play, but then I remember I suck at games, and don’t really like them, either. But I sure like looking at craftsmanship like this that makes me nostalgic for the good times we had NOT using his set!

3 Likes

Just in time for the holidays - we had another metal pen making class. The class, who gets to compete for the completed pen insisted on a brass pen so that’s what we did. It was a fierce battle of Rock/Paper/Scissors but in the end “There can be only One”. Congratulations I hope everyone had fun.

6 Likes

hey… been a while since I’ve ran into those guys. How’s the Creator club doing these days?