Dallas Makerspace Show and Tell - October 2017

I was bored, so I drew up a sketch for Plasmacam. This will be for the eventual induction cooler grill. I took measurements last night of the cooling coil for an idea of the size. It’s nothing fancy by any means.

13 Likes

Finished the design for a potential leather n Lasers class. Etched the initial for a friend of mine. Really happy with how the etching came out.

11 Likes

Que es eso?
Forgive my ignorance of it should be obvious…
And the etching did turn out nicely!

Main section is 2” wide. It’s a keychain. Hadn’t picked up the keyring to thread thru when I took the earlier pic. Here is the front and back. One piece leather laser cut (including stitch holes) hand sewn and finished.

8 Likes

Congratulations to James Straud who completed his domino project and is already busy on his second project. good job!

7 Likes

successfully completed a maker stamp in brass. getting the lettering to work has been quite a problem with the bit fitting between the letters and not obliterating them.

15 Likes

That is awesome. I have almost 2 gallons of hot sauce fermenting, made from red jalapenos and Texas red mushroom cap peppers from my mother’s garden. It should be ready soon.

3 Likes

Work has been pretty crazy lately, so I haven’t made it up there as much as I would like, but I did finish (functional but not finished) a project that I plan to use on boxes and other items I make at the space. I’ve had most to the parts for a while, but I finally got around to assembly and testing. Here are couple of patterns formed by 10K volts, on cheap plywood and curly maple, with my new Lichtenberg pyrography machine / burner. I love these patterns.

18 Likes

Love it, I’ve been wanting to do this for some time.

1 Like