This is the cart before the horse… Robin and I bought some property and I finally figured out a use for the piece of 12 x 16 x 1/4" plate steel my neighbor gave me and cut a sign out on the PlasmaCAM.
Since it was my first piece to cut after the class I was looking for a mentor and talked with a couple of folks, but last night I was up here after the Sherline lathe class and someone was using the machine so I asked and found a quick mentor.
The file was done in MS Publisher but the DXF file it created from a 15.5 x 11.5" document ended up as over 28,000 inches on the PlasmaCAM. @dallasmagna was a HUGE help in resizing the file and I must apologize for forgetting the name of the person who helped me last night. The machine caught on some blow back slag on the first cut and I had to eyeball realign the piece for the cut over the top of the J then start it again, but with the Z axis up a bit. Then I forgot the cut to the left of the R and had to come up tonight and eyeball it again left to right and front to back multiple times before cutting and got the last hole done.
I still need to clean up some slag and paint it, but that’ll be later.