Dallas Makerspace Show and Tell - October 2017

Bob is lonely. He at bare minimum needs a couple more little trees to keep him company.:joy:

4 Likes

Agreed. Next year I’m going to make the kids dress like happy trees.

I await the Bob Ross cease and desist letter to LHS. You picked the wrong family to encroach on trademarks. :wink:

As long as you don’t show it in public you should be fine, oh wait.

Happy little lawsuits!:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Duh. It’s a tribute to my dad. Robert Franczvai! Duh

5 Likes

Perfect!!! :rofl::blankspace:

1 Like

Needs the Barfing Bear motif on the doors

Smart Cornhole Boards

Graphic Print, Acrylic, LED backlit, and smart connectivity

10 Likes

Teach a class on making those please! I’ve been wanting to make a set of boards and now I know what I want. Amazing work!

1 Like

haha it was a multi tool project so structuring everything in a class room setting would be a challenge

thanks for the compliment

Happen to have a write up on it? I’d be interested in your basic build process or even a quick explanation of the acrylic logo inset and lighting.

I’ve built the boards themselves in the past but have always done painted and sealed logos with LED lighting inset in the hole and underneath but really like the illuminated top look.

2 Likes

pictures of talk we had with Dave Copps, CEO of brainspace, machine learning, AI company.
We talked about his work and future of the industry and he gave advice and answered various questions.
I was happy with the turnout and drew in several non-members as well.

3 Likes

I don’t know if this qualified for posting, but I went beekeeping with kobin and got some honey!!

12 Likes

Hells yeah!
Awesome!

1 Like

6 Likes

Appreciate it! Definitely provides some inspiration for the next set I build.

I built a carbon fiber hood for the DMS race car (Nissan 240SX) I built the mold and the part over 8 month, so I built it at home. This makes for a 75% weight reduction from the OEM part. ~40lb for the steel hood, down to 9lb for the composite. It’s not legal for all racing leagues, but will look good at Cars and Coffee.

Specs:
Polyester resin and gel coat. 2x2 twill, plain weave and unidirectional carbon fiber - not one strand of fiberglass. Polyurethane foam core and T-rib stiffeners. Plywood core for the hinge attachment area. Vacuum bag cure.

26 Likes

That is impressive. I’ve always wanted to do custom CF parts.

1 Like

Me too. Or Fiberglass. Never been able to self-start, though. love to see some composite classes round here… :slight_smile:

1 Like

These turned out great! :clap:

Made a “gnome door” to put up in a local “gnome lane” nearby.

Scrap wood and 3D printed “hardware” for the door.

Stilll need to make a doorframe.

12 Likes