Dallas Makerspace Show and Tell - February 2017

So I made these today. One is a quilted panel, seen in door panels & dashes. It was made by putting on the slip roll first then to the harbor freight brake.

The next is a cube made out of one piece of sheet steel with “DMS” cut into.

16 Likes

Love it, now have to go watch a box set of MST3K.

2 Likes

You do good sheet man. (sorry couldn’t help myself). I remember you talking about doing this the other day. When will there be an advanced class … be sure to wear your Baileigh hat!

Some new tools for automotive, etorx set, nice pliers, swivel sockets (cheaped out on the swivel sockets instead of getting the professional quality set)

8 Likes

Have a receipt printer connected to a pi for a start of a storage kiosk (initially to replace preprinted cards only)

Could deploy it now but then you would require a smart phone / computer on dms wifi to access the internal website, so will find a small screen to make it a kiosk in the next couple of days.

Code is at github.com/brandonagr/dms-storage

21 Likes

Been working on a virtual model of DMS… it could serve as the basis for any number of hilarious games

12 Likes

Very nice for creating this!

Pretty cool - like the title Virtual Model vs Virtual Reality … no tools left out in yours!:laughing:

Sweet!! That’s pretty awesome!! Thx!!

Custom engraving of Atari 2600 related items for a custom pinball project I’m doing. :slight_smile:

The Metaza works great!

9 Likes

Here is another pic of one of @Raymond’s pieces from last night’s Metaza engraver class. It turned out really awesome!

Here are a couple of pieces that Rose made on the Metaza during the same class. The first one is the “test” piece on a thin, inexpensive aluminum dog tag. The second one is the same image on an old piece of what we believe is brass.

Finally, here are a couple of pieces that Linky made during the Friday night class. They were both made using the rhodium plated heart pendants that we have been making available for $5 each during the classes. :two_hearts:

8 Likes

Very cool! I wonder if it could assign you a location also

1 Like

Does the Raspberry Pi have space to add an RFID reader? I like @StanSimmons idea here:

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/another-floorspace-organization-idea-to-create-more-project-storage/17174/61

(And that’s where I read about “contact you by email” in ideas for storage automation!)

Making the DMS finance. We has your monies in the bank. Could not be more exciting!

14 Likes

Want to add a big thank you to those that include money count sheets, face the bills and roll the coins. YOU ARE MOST EXCELLENT!

9 Likes

Ugh, I will start doing that.

You’ve done them in the past.

You’re still sick. You have been doing that?!

Not making all the bills face the right way.

Finally have my small workbench to a point I can use it, only 5ft long. Added a large twin screw vise for holding work securely. Still needs several additions but that will come in time.

19 Likes