Coronavirus : outcome over blown

I see emotions as often a distraction… I have had extend family members smile but hide hate and confusions. I am often too literal. My father was protestant and my mother was catholic they where married by the quakers so the two family’s would not make issues. True to form my mother’s father ran a bar… My fathers father was the principle of my mother and fathers high school for a time. Yeah i have different all be unique perspective (as i am quite sure other people have here(Unique is nice word for freak)).
So Stoicism means something for me… Specific… ok…
Given all the emotions going on. Other than physics (or perhaps a deity… you pick). Other than the principles that describe reality, I decide my own fate. I will in some way reap the benefits of my own decisions in some way. Ok i have to be able to tell myself that… Therefore i am not going to be a jerk or not too much of a jerk because it does not serve me. If i enrage other people they don’t want to work with me. Thus i preclude myself as much as possible from anger and being snide because it does not serve me in the long run. If i where to loot as people do in the general populous as we look at the fear of the coronavirus, then i deserve to be branded and distrusted. The problem is we gossip and people who break the law but never have it come to light. So saying i am decide my own fate, helps me to be far less emotional and not consider looting, rather making. Our society is less effective at justice health and industry because of emotions and biased. I don’t believe being emotional and biased will serve us in the long run. I believe that making is the true answer to our shortages at this time. So controlling my own emotions seems to be the answer.

So we want this

and this

Staying apart and being together seem to be conflicting. I have a membership at Dallas makerspace i can not use it.

Talk is a DMS tool you seem to be getting quite a bit of use out of lately.

2 Likes

As I see it, social distancing is a stop-gap measure to (hopefully) keep us from overloading our medical facilities so that the serious cases get the help they need. Actually, as I think about it, it also keeps folks who already got a mild case from infecting many others during this time.

Still, I see it as more delaying tactics than much prevention.

OTOH, we were listening to one of our top guys in the field on PBS the other day, and sometimes these corona viruses just vanish. The last big SARS virus vanished before they could develop a vaccine.

But one doesn’t need to be a member to utilize Talk…

What i am i making… How is this thread making me and others feel?

Right it not others problems. We are both better off right? I leave we get more silence. Some where else on the net and in the city i will be made a better use of.

That’s the idea. Social distancing will slow the spread hopefully enough to not overwhelm hospitals but social distancing won’t end the pandemic. A vaccine is the goal but that will take a considerable amount of time. Many people are working on it.

2 Likes

Taken to the extreme, social distancing will make any viral illness just vanish, unless like influenza, there are animal vectors that are in contact with humans.

I mean theoretically if every person on the planet stayed in their homes for just three weeks, this would go away. Of course that will never happen because humans are selfish and inconsiderate.

** note to self-
Embroider this on small pieces of reclaimed vintage linen work. Make into small pillows for Holiday 2020, gifts for out and proud feminist friends. Keep one for self.

4 Likes

What Utopia has learned from this thread:

• Something
    (but I don’t know what it is yet)
    Luckily I have plenty of time to cogitate on this with self distancing and self quarantine.

• Russell_Crow’s comments sure sound a lot more rational after a bout with fever

• I am not a responsible adult. I allowed severe personal issues, cancer, chronic health problems to hamper me from purchasing a house/property when they were cheap, so I don’t have to care about today’s economy or the financial hardship of others.

Another member can pay off their mortgage note tomorrow if they wish (savings, liquidity, easy access to funds if needed due to proper adulting) and they are just a bit smug about it.

Financial buoyancy must be fun.

• The word ‘Troll’ is thrown into the batting cage a lot.

• Research the definitions of Emojis.
    Someone used a red fish. It looks really cute. It may mean something awful.

• People are looking at online graphs, charts, a Lot more than I am. Catch up!

• Is ‘Lady Cake(s)’ code for something?
    Research and discuss.

6 Likes

“Turn me on dead man” - Beatles
“I will sing to my sweet satan” - Led Zeplin

What else?

Pink Floyd empty spaces - Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message. Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.

2 Likes

Ohio Gov has ordered full lockdown tomorrow night, there has been panic buying of food, and liquor. Frankly, I think TX is not far behind.

Just FYI.

2 Likes

Now people are getting it. Panic buying liquor. :rofl:

7 Likes

Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins on Sunday issued an order requiring residents to shelter in place.

The order takes effect at 11:59 p.m. March 23 and continues until 11:59 p.m. April 3.

The order states people may leave their residences only for essential activities — including to get supplies for themselves and their families or perform tasks essential to their health and safety and that of others — or to operate essential businesses, such as healthcare, critical infrastructure and retail, including grocery stores.

A detailed list of what qualifies as “essential activities” and “essential business” is included in the document below:

Kinda makes all the bickering, links and other bs posted out here pointless.
Grow up.
Get over yourself.
Since some couldn’t follow basic precautions,
We’re all in exile.
Enjoy…

10 Likes
1 Like

we are in a once a century disaster right now

1 Like

I was about to say, nah, it’s happened in… Okay, 1918.

3 Likes

Classically, the “red herring” is a distraction from one’s goal. In a mystery story, it is the clue that isn’t relevant.

1 Like