Ceramics Kiln News - February 2021

Maybe they are mixed up in with Madison’s planter stakes???

Maybe, but they are in white stoneware vs. brown.

Just hoping they turn up :grin:

1 Like

Or is that turnip…

5 Likes

I found them… lets just say it’s not fun having another birthday and getting another year older!

3 Likes

Come on now, fess up…where were they :smiley:

Exactly where I probably left them :blush:

3 Likes

Bisque shelves are overflowing… please come get your pieces.

1 Like

Is there a formal process for putting out a notice or is it simply making a flyer and posting around the studio? Happy to do whatever I can… problem is I’m out of town and won’t be back until end of March so won’t be able to put anything up myself. And by that time it may be long gone!
Thanks for guidance. -Lauren

We should ask @Synth83 – maybe ask at the meeting first (if anybody might have an extra bowl), and then make a flier to post back around Ceramics.

Of course, Tuesday is yet another weekend. So I printed a couple of copies, and I’ll write on them and post them back in Ceramics tomorrow. Well, later today…

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the help!

Glaze unloaded…there was one tall vase that ran and is stuck to the kiln shelf

image image image image image image image

2 Likes

Cone 5 firing has been unloaded.

All, we need to schedule our next specialty firing which is a Luster.

I’d like to fire on Tuesday morning if we have enough for a kiln. If you need more time than that to have your pieces on the shelf please let me know.

4 Likes

The soonest I was able to get the luster class up again was this Sunday, the 7th… So we hopefully can load right after that.

3 Likes

OK folks…we will wait for the last luster class on Sunday 3/7 to fire our pieces.

Please have all of your pieces on the shelves for this firing by 6 pm on 3/7 so we can load and start the firing.

Thanks, Monika

1 Like

Bisque unloaded with April, Bisque shelves are full, so if you don’t see your piece, look on the glaze shelf above.

1 Like

Glaze unloaded from skutt 1222

1 Like

Potter… these items look to be Mica clay. They are in the bisque load now but please remember to not put them into a glaze load. They are low fire only.
image image image image

This is what could happen

3 Likes

No worries I will do! Those are mine I know that’s a low fire clay there, the first pic is a test tile of a harthrown bond clay I mixed up and want to use for fireclay. There is some raku clay from Austin and some grey clay I have that’s not low fire plus some terra-cotta little pieces. I think that’s it lol thank you for the heads up!! :grinning:

1 Like

Question - is there a thing of kiln shelf wash stuff somewhere? I’ve volunteered my efforts to help replenish the cookie stash, but am realizing I don’t know where the stuff they need a coat of is hiding!

1 Like