Ceramics Kiln News - February 2021

Chances are no one will be throwing anything out…your pieces are safe :+1:

3 Likes

Agreed. With 4-5 days of bad weather…we should and will give another few weeks’ grace period.

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I just came to pick up some pieces and this bowl wasn’t there. Has someone taken it by accident? Please let me know, no hard feeelings but I was really excited about it!

All, keeping you posted and managing expectations.

Considering the frequency and the length of some of these electrical blackouts that various parts of the State are experiencing, the kiln team will not be running the kilns until consistent power has been restored. We wouldn’t want to start a load on Wednesday etc., and then have a power outage that would disrupt our cycle. If and when consistent power has been restored, and kiln team members are around, of course we can get firing again.
@GustavRohlfs although accidental pot-naps can happen (someone might have mistaken your bowl for theirs), it is more probable that it’s on the shelf (or even a bisque shelf), tucked under another item. I’m sure you will find it the next time you’re at the space. Keep us posted.

3 Likes

Glaze unloaded 2/17

2 Likes

We may need to put out an ABP for the bowl. Unless you found it since then, it’s definitely not on the finished shelves. If everybody read Talk, they’d see this. But not all do.

It hasn’t been found yet. And I appreciate you looking too for it. I was pretty sure I didn’t miss it. I’m sure not everyone reads talk, so that could be why.

1 Like

There were some other white bowls in that load, maybe it’s on vacation with some look alike pals?

Alas, that’s not the answer. The other person with white bowls must have accidentally taken it. The glaze-finish shelves were pretty much bare when I looked for it, and there was nothing even remotely like a white bowl left.

Edit: Oops – that’s pretty much what you said.

2 Likes

Anyone know who else had those style bowls? I can reach out to them. Thanks!

Lol, English is my second language, and I’m not really hip on acronyms, so googled ABP, apparently it means American Board of Pediatrics, even more confused now. Do you mean a flier?

All Points Bulletin, normally issued by law enforcement, in a “look for this”-whatever. Might be old lingo, too.

Edit: And, given that we need to reach non-Talk readers, a flier would be good…

3 Likes

I think the current phraseology is “to issue a BOLO” as in “Be On LookOut” for thingimajig…

4 Likes

Yeah, I realized that’s what they used to say on all the cops sitcoms from the 1970’s…

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t know what APB was either. I know what BOLO is- Be on the lookout. BOGO is one of my favorites!

1 Like

Bisque unloaded from 1222

1 Like

Unloaded glaze from paragon.

1 Like

Anyone see these plant stakes? They should have been bisqued a couple weeks ago. Im not finding them anywhere.

I looked back through all the pictures, but they were not in any of them. They could be in the kiln right now?

No they were not on the shelves last Saturday so I thought they might have been in the previous kiln, but nope.