Ceramics Kiln News - February 2021

Unloaded bisque from 1027, shelves are full so come pick up your pieces.

2 Likes

Unloaded bisque! Come get your pieces! The bisque shelves are full.

2 Likes

Unloaded bisque! Please come get your pieces. The bisque is overflowing to the glaze shelves!

3 Likes

Unloaded glaze 2/7

2 Likes

Where’s my babies?

If they’re not on the shelf or in glaze jail they’re probably in one of the kilns?

1 Like

We had to refire a bisque last night… were you looking for glaze stuff or bisque?

2 Likes

I believe your pieces are in the next load, these pics were from 4 days ago

1 Like

I loaded many of your pieces (glazed disks, etc) in to the current glaze load that is cooling.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m just always excited to see my finished pieces. Love you guys. Stay safe

1 Like

All, FYI we’ve got a Winter Storm Warning this weekend, so kiln team members have been advised “safety first” and to do what’s best for them- stay home. Please note that this may cause a delay in firings and to be patient while waiting for your glazed and bisque pieces. We will try to resume on Tuesday, 2.17. Also note- one of the kilns needs a replacement part (I ordered it yesterday) and hoping to receive shipping information soon - this may also slow down the firings.

Irving, TX Weather Alerts - The Weather Channel | Weather.com

3 Likes

Thank you! Definitely safety first. Do you know if the most recent glaze firing has been unloaded? Unsure if that will also be on hold and only want to make the trek if it has! Thank you!

Think it’s safe to assume that everything has been paused so tbd on that glaze load. I would advise you not to make any trips up to dms with the upcoming weather conditions. Not until it’s safe.

I’ll check to see where things are tonight when I get there. We live close, so we may be there anyway. And I’ll let you know where we stand. I will say that currently the roads around DMS are clear, which can change at a moment’s notice…

2 Likes

Hoping it stays clear so your class on Sunday doesn’t get canceled! :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Frankly, it’ll have to be truly, truly dreadful before I’ll stay home. You, OTOH, might not want to come out. I’ll be replaying it at some time…

Bisque unloaded, Bisque shelves are full, so if you don’t see your piece there, they are on the shelf above.

1 Like

Glaze unloaded

1 Like

Is it still 4 weeks that our pieces can stay on the shelf before they get thrown out? I was gonna come get my stuff this weekend, but now I can’t because of this crazy snow storm thing