Ceramic Classes Being Added

January 7th, 7pm - Throwing 101
January 9th, 1pm - Throwing a Plate
January 10th, 12pm - Throwing a Donut
January 16th, 1pm - Throwing a Bowl

4 Likes

Did you just add these or are they live? I need to learn to throw a plate and a donut.

1 Like

Just added them - they’ll be up in 48-72 hours

4 Likes

Just added and should post in 72ish hours:

Tues Jan 12th: Hand building mugs
Fri Jan 22nd: Garlic & oil slab plate
Mon Jan 25th: Garlic & oil slab plate

2 Likes

Do you have any pictures of the garlic & oil slab plate? I’d love to see what it looks like!

No way! You have to take the class to find out.:slight_smile:

Making sure @SueA sees this thread. She is thinking about teaching classes in January :grinning:

I put up 3 classes…
Juicers - 1/13/21 @6:30pm
Butter Dishes - 1/16/21 @6:30 pm
Mugs/Pour-overs - 1/20/21 @7pm

I was going to see if there are any requests for any other classes I do? Or Any new ones that people might want? (ehem… @jmeinel ? )

3 Likes

Really appreciate yall putting up classes to keep our current members interested and give newbies something to sink their teeth into. :slight_smile: It is a labor of love. @Liv7301 @AvalancheOfFox @Christykaake @Krisk

1 Like

I have new folks who really want to make sweater mugs :grinning:. They have seen them on the shelves

4 Likes

I know I’ve already done it, but I think it would be great to offer the chip & dip bowl or piggy bank classes again. Those were both very challenging and I learned a lot. I think they would be good for people to take.

I like the classes where we learn the different unique ways to get textures. Like when we used the bubbles and that cracking stuff. I’d love to take more classes about techniques like that. I’m also still waiting for you to offer that class that uses layering and that special glaze. I hope you know what I’m referring to! :grimacing:

I’m also getting lots of ideas watching the pottery throw down show. Be careful asking me for ideas! :smirk: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :joy:

1 Like

I will bring the sweater mold to the mugs/pour over class :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok :slight_smile: I was thinking about putting up a water etching class (Which is a surface decoration tecnique as well)… So maybe I will put the other ones up in February :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh man yes please! I haven’t done ceramics since I was a tween in school, but I’m dying to get back into it, and I’m obsessed with the sweater mugs!

…Though I should probably start with some 101 classes first to refresh my memory :joy:

1 Like

My mug class can be a beginner’s class :slight_smile: I have had quite a few first timers :wink:

1 Like

I put up the Water Etching class for 1/23/21 @6pm!

2 Likes

Just added a glazing class for 1/21 at 6PM

Also, put up a hand building class, open to outside DMS, for a 5$ fee for 5lbs of clay on 2/18. We will see if this bring in potential members :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What’s the age requirement? My neighbor and her daughter (12 years old) have asked me a lot about ceramics. They love doing those paint your pottery and wanted to take a class. I think the one open to non-members would be great for them.

3 Likes

Oh…I listed this one as 18 and over. We typically say wheels must be 16+ but hand building can be younger. I’ll let you know when I put another up and I’ll lower the age requirement although Mom will have to be present at all times.

3 Likes

I know about mom needing to be there and she’ll probably sign up too. I knew the wheel required an older age, but figured hand building would be younger. Hopefully, you can put up another class for non-members soon after.