Ceramic Classes Being Added

I put up a beginner’s handbuilding: Slab Tray for Feb 6

1 Like

I just wanted to clarify why I started this thread. It is just so that teachers in ceramics can see what others are teaching. And to give members a heads up on the fun classes. I did not create it to stop or control the teaching. If you want to post here so that teachers and non teachers can see what is coming up on the schedule…please do. If you do not want to post here what you are scheduling…then by all means don’t …you have that option. Hope that clears things up :v:

3 Likes

“Paint your pottery” is usually slip-cast low-fire. I can’t see us doing that. We don’t have stocks of bisqued ware in that style. They’d need to take a slip-casting class, wait for their items to be bisqued, and then take a glazing class.

That’s a commercial type class, really. Shops that want to make a buck, and not make today’s “have it now” crowd wait through the traditional steps of pottery. I understand that some of the “pyp” classes just use acrylic paints so that there’s instant gratification.

And – I was about to suggest that this be a monthly thread. It’s pretty long as it stands, plus the random folks talking about classes they want, vs teachers posting so that they don’t conflict with each other.

Maybe we could brainstorm a name for the teachers’ thread??

That’s not what I mean. That’s all they’ve done so far because that’s all they have access to and have no knowledge of how to make something from scratch. They actually want to build and make stuff from scratch and learn the process. They’ve been very interested in all my ceramics posts on Facebook and asked me in person if they’re allowed to take classes.

1 Like

Yes…that is a great idea

1 Like

I would talk them into becoming members, as that is what free classes are meant to do…entice…and then they love it and want to come back for more.

1 Like

Glazing class on the calendar for 1/21…this Thursday evening. If you haven’t yet taken a glazing class, here’s your chance.

I canceled class on these folks so…FYI
@paulramirez, @Ida_N, @mandy_crabby, @Effrem_Phillips, @jonglidden @ashtonwhitney

3 Likes

Submitted a “Learn the extruder Class” for Saturday March 13th from 4 to 7. :smiley:

4 Likes

Love it! And 10 more characters

1 Like

Added a glazing class 3/23 at 5:30 PM so that my hand building non members can come in to glaze. There will be additional spots available.

Also added a slip casting class for 3/28 at 1:00PM in the flex area.

1 Like

Adding two classes for early May:

Sat. May 1st Handbuilding Shallow Dishes & Trays with Slump/Hump Molds 2:00-4:00pm

Sun. May 2nd Handbuilding Mugs 2:00-4:00pm

For both classes we will have texture rollers and alphabet stamps available for personalizing your items with patterns, messages, etc.

6 Likes

Added a class for Thursday 4/29 for beginners hand building.

3 Likes

BTW- I ordered textured rollers. I will follow up with James to ask. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They we’re placed in ceramics in a package labeled for you.

2 Likes

oh gosh! I’ll check this evening. :slight_smile: thanks!!

They came in! They are in the teacher cabinet and need to come out to go into the texture cabinet.

1 Like

They are in the hand building cabinet, I put them there earlier this week.

2 Likes

Just submitted and should be posted in a few days:

Mon. May 10th Slip Casting for Beginners 6-9pm

5 Likes

Submitted class yesterday for the extruder on Thursday May 13th…hoping it goes through…first time doing the honorarium for myself :upside_down_face:

3 Likes