Available CommunityGrid Classes

We have moved a few of the more basic classes as online classes. This includes the CommunityGrid introduction class.

How to join a class

After visiting classroom.google.com. One has 2 ways to join a class:

• Join a class with a class code —If your teacher gives you a class code, use this code to add yourself to the class. Your teacher might give you the code while you’re in class or email it to you.
  • Accept an invitation from your teacher —If your teacher sends you an invitation, you’ll see Join on the class card on your Classroom homepage.

additional details and visuals at google support

Classroom code

button_jou

Need an teacher

Visit https://calendly.com/denzuko to schedule a time that works for you.

1 Like

I entered j3ou29 and a message said “This code isn’t valid. Please make sure you typed the correct code.”

Please advise.

Did you try with your dms account or with a regular google user account?

Tried with personal account. Just tried with my DMS account but it may be having a unrelated problem. Will resolve that first. Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

Can you elaborate on “dms account” in this context? Checking he documentation at that link (thanks!) there’s three options to login and I can’t square that with DMS account.

Nevermind, I didn’t realize I had a DMS G-Suite account :wink: Joined, working, thanks!

2 Likes

Yes, it’s not public and that is a limit supply but one can access VCC resources like our classes, files, and such. We even use the gsuite login for authentication to ensure one is a DMS member to some of our app being developed and released.

Anyways let me know if you have questions or need any help.

I would also invite everyone to leave a comment on how helpful the class was and if they would like to see more like these?

I liked the self-serve aspect of it and the information was useful as were the delivery options (youtube, docs, etc.).

3 Likes

I couldn’t access any environments on our grid and left a screenshot for the instructor in the class notes. I have a little more time now and wanted to take another look and dig a bit deeper but I can no longer log into the grid. I looked at my AD memberships from Jump and see “Portainer Users”. Is there more to it than that for access? (https://communitygrid.dallasmakerspace.org/#/auth)

On a side note I installed Portainer on my two Docker hosts and I’m having some fun with that. Good to learn new things, thanks!

What exactly is the G Suite account? I’ve tried with the same address I use for DMS which fails, I’m not aware of a DMS specific address.

[email protected]
can be used to access any(?) google service (g-suite).

1 Like

Thanks, @jast. As usual, you are very helpful.

1 Like