3D Fab Committee Meeting (Sunday, April 12th, 4 PM - 5 PM) *** Via Google Hangouts ***

The last meeting held at the 'Space had very little turnout, so our next meeting will be held via Google Hangouts on Sunday, April 12th, 4 PM - 5 PM to discuss the 3D Fab Committee Chairperson appointment, as well as other items that 3D Fab Members wish to discuss.

I would be honored to continue as 3D Fab Chair. I feel I’ve done a lot for the 3D Fab Committee and would like to continue working in the role of Chairperson over the committee. This meeting is for 3D Fab Members to vote on whether I should continue, or if someone else should be voted in to do the work.

Feel free to post suggestions for 3D Fab Chairperson appointments within this thread (whether you prefer me to continue, want to step up to have a go at it yourself, or want to nominate someone else to give it a go…). All discussion within this thread will be considered casual conversation of the topic. Anyone who wants to be considered will be added to the vote during the actual Google Hangout Meeting from 4 PM - 5 PM on Sunday, April 12th.

If you wish to participate in the Google Hangout meeting, please add yourself to the 3D Fab Committee Roster under 3D Fab General Members located on the wiki: https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/3DFab-Members-RolesAndAuthorizations#3D_Fab_General_Members; then send me a message via Google Hangouts with the Google ID you wish to use for the meeting.

NOTE: If you do not already have a Gmail account, you can create an account to use for this and other online Google Hangout meetings (in other words, it doesn’t have to be the e-mail address you normally use - as long as I know you are an active DMS member).

Please send me the Gmail / Google account information that you want to use at least an hour prior to the meeting, to make sure I have time to “add” you to the Hangout for the meeting. (This will be a separate Hangout from the regular 3D Fab discussion hangout, so please be sure to let me know that you want to join in on the “April 12th 3D Fab Committee Meeting Hangout”.)

Continuing the discussion from Committee Chair Appointments:

1 Like

I would like to nominate myself for the 3D Committee chair position.

Edit : I am added to the wiki and stuff.

3 Likes

Sounds great!!! See/talk to y’all then.

2 Likes

I wont be able to attend the timeframe, but I think your doing a great job! Especially with supporing the software on the machines

2 Likes

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Doug (@dougemes)! :slight_smile:

Mitch (@themitch22) and Frank (@frank_lima), I have already added both of y’all to the Google Hangout for the meeting. It will show up in your Hangouts list as: “3D Fab Meeting - Sunday 04/12/2015 @ 4 PM

REMINDER…

All committees have been requested to have a meeting to vote on who should be chairperson for each committee…

Since it seems to be easier to “gather” online than trying to find a time when everyone can be at the 'Space in person, I have scheduled the 3D Fab Committee Meeting to be online via a Google Hangout (text only chat) - set for Sunday, April 12th, from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM.

Again, it’s ONLINE via a Google Hangouts text only / chat session.

The meeting is posted on the DMS calendar, HERE on TALK, and printed on several sheets of paper around the 3D Fab room & DMS bulletin board.

NOTE: The “Google Hangout” for the meeting is separate from the ongoing/unofficial 3D Fab Committee hangout that we keep open 24/7 for quick questions, general chat, etc… (feel free to ask to be added to the general ongoing hangout, too! smiles)

In order to VOTE on who should be the 3D Fabrication Committee Chairperson for the next six months, the prerequisites are:

1. "Join" the 3D Fab Committee by adding yourself to the “3D Fab General Members” list on the DMS wiki (https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/3DFab-Members-RolesAndAuthorizations#3D_Fab_General_Members)
  2. "Request to attend" by contacting me (here, PM on TALK/Facebook, e-mail, phone, etc…).

Again, it will be on an online Google Hangout. So far, only two members have requested to join (Mitch & Frank).

NOTE: If you do not already have a Gmail account, you can create an account to use for this and other online Google Hangout meetings (in other words, it doesn’t have to be the e-mail address you normally use - as long as I know you are an active DMS member - who has already joined the 3D Fabrication Committee prior to the meeting, as noted above).

So far members “running” to be considered for 3D Fab Chairperson are:

• Myself, Lisa S
  • Mitch C

If anyone else wants to be considered, please comment on this TALK thread. THANKS!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like to be added to the hangout.

-the purring dork

2 Likes

Done. Thanks Matt (@Comter)!

We had a great turnout for the 3D Fab Committee meeting! Thanks to everyone who participated! :slight_smile:

The 3D Fab Committee vote was evenly split. The results/minutes of the meeting have been posted on the wiki:
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/3D_Fab_Meeting_-_20150412