Committee Chair Appointments

Committees, as part of the Board of Director changeover process we will need to appoint (or re-appoint) Committee Chairs. Please schedule committee meetings before the first meeting of the 2015 Board of Directors (likely in mid-late April). Your meeting should include a vote and recommendation of who you wish to be your chair. This can of course be the current chair if you are satisfied with how they are running things.

Please be sure to have your meetings posted on this forums and the calendar. After the meeting, please post your chair recommendation here on the forums.

If you have any questions please let me know.

3 Likes

VECTOR committee meeting was held last night (notes posted to committee page in report archive). I am the current chair and have been recommended for a second term.

Voting members present:
Stevo and Stacy Wylie
David Smart
Shawn Christian
Nick Sainz

3 Likes

Congrats Nick! keep up the good work

1 Like

The Electronics / Robotics Committee held our meeting last night. And while I was out of the room they renominated me. Thanks.

Members present:
Lance Preston
Ralph Green
Nick Sainz
Katie Looper
Art Givens
Carl Ott

If I missed you please feel free to add yourself. I did not take good notes.

1 Like

Laser Committee:
I will keep going as chair.

Plans are to keep as we are.

1 Like

I’m continuing as chair of the Machine Shop

Amateur Radio Committee met this morning, including these DMS members:

In conjunction with offline support ( @dougemes ), we would like to nominate Justin Edwards as our next Amateur Radio Committee chairperson.

Justin outlined his intentions and goals, and we have a lot to look forward to.

2 Likes

Creative Arts
cochair ganstas
@Haley_Moore and @uglyknees
Haley Moore and Nicole Franczvai

1 Like

I have been unable to sucker anyone else into being the auto chair.

3 Likes

You have been doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

Bio just had their chairman election, just a week or two before this thread was created. I haven’t heard a word out of anyone on the Bio Committee since then.

Wood Shop has elected @coloneldan to be the chair.

Arts elected myself and Nicole Franczvai as co-chairs at our meeting this
past Tuesday.

The minutes for the Aerospace Committee meeting have been posted on the wiki:

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Aerospace_Meeting_-_20150409

The Aerospace Committee has voted to recommend that Nick McCarthy (@Nick_McCarthy) joins Romeo Espana (@Romeo_Espana) as Co-Chairs for the committee. It’s going to be an exciting year for Aerospace! :slight_smile:

We had a great turnout for the 3D Fab Committee meeting! Thanks to everyone who participated! :slight_smile:

The 3D Fab Committee vote was evenly split. The results/minutes of the meeting have been posted on the wiki:
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/3D_Fab_Meeting_-_20150412

1 Like

Civic Hacking has re-appointed Stephen Wylie as chairman. We have also moved to operate as a consensus committee, hoping to foster more projects to work on.

2 Likes

David Ratcliff was elected Chair of Bio on March 7.
Minutes here: https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Bio_Committee_Meeting_2015-03-07

1 Like

Hello All. Since AV (Digital Media) doesn’t have an official committee, we didn’t know how to proceed. I did put some slides together, and people interested in joining the committee did a review. I picked up the slides this past Sunday.

Darryl Dade volunteered for chairman, with Joshua McDonald and I as Volunteer co-chairs. This may change, but Wanted to note this.

Thank you!

1 Like

Foundry would like to have John K. continue as committee chair.

Nathan Jones volunteering as committee secretary.

2 Likes