....You might be a maker

When you are working on a project you started last year at 9:45 at night, wondering were you put that damn quart of Barge. Then scouring trying to find some locally that carries it, only to then recollect that this was the problem you had last time.

7 Likes

I love leaving these little presents for myself.

2 Likes

For future reference, Tandy Leather carries it locally but won’t ship it. Amazon carries it, but will only ship it UPS Ground, so it’ll take several days for delivery. That being said, the Leatherworking SIG has some in the cabinet, and if you get in a bind, I have some as well if you give me a little notice.

If you get stuck (pun intended :slight_smile: ), regular rubber cement from the grocery/WalMart will hold things together well enough until you stitch it.

1 Like

Lol, I went yesterday to Tandy after looking for it. I wanted to make heavy progress badly this week. There was an accident on 121, took me an hour & half to get there, just to get there as he was walking up front to lock the door. All he had was 1 gallon, so I ended up with a gallon instead of a quart.

3 Likes

Barge party @ the Bene residence!

1 Like

@TBJK and your gallon of Barge

I’m having this visual of “how to trap makers for fun and amusement”

Party Barge!!!

They won’t know until it’s too late. Giant maker flypaper trap.

2 Likes

“Makers check in, but they don’t check out.”

6 Likes

Admit It: You Have a Box of Cords You’ll Never, Ever Use Again

Something I started doing a couple of years ago is: With a silver marker writing what device it’s for plus the Output Volts & Amps on the wall wart or putting a label on it. For device specific cables I do the same thing. I can now usually find the proper power source and cable. Or can pitch with more confidence than before.

I’ve found the wall-warts on the freebie shelf good sources for breadboards or LED strips.

2 Likes