....You might be a maker

Along the lines of Jeff Foxworthy and his red neck routine…

If you have a car that seats 5 and can’t take anyone anywhere…you might be a maker.

If you have stuff you have collected and havent used in 20 years but you KNOW you will on that one special project…you might be a maker

If you lose track of time and were supposed to be somewhere because you just weren’t quite finished (4 hours later)…you might be a maker.

25 Likes

this for sure.

3 Likes

If you live by the philosophy - Why buy something for $7 when you can make it for only $93 in craft supplies!?

25 Likes

Or, buy the $7 item so you can reverse engineer it and customize a new one for yourself for $93.

22 Likes

So much this.

4 Likes

if you have a dozen projects, can’t decide which one to work on, so look for a new project to start.

19 Likes

When you get the project to 90% in the first week and the other 10% takes 20 years to complete.

26 Likes

I swear RFID is soooo close.

15 Likes

Lies
:blankspace:

5 Likes

I still haven’t finished my cutting board from @indytruks138’s class in July! :frowning:

4 Likes

if you have a dozen projects, can’t decide which one to work on, so look for a new project to start.

Get out of my head, you!

3 Likes

… of 2018

6 Likes

uhm. that’s way worse isn’t it? :wink:

2 Likes

When you run to the store, to get one craft item to finish a project… And come back with $200 in random materials, for things your not even signed off on yet. :man_facepalming:t2:

“Do you live in your car?” :laughing:

11 Likes

When one of your favorite craft supply stores, like Tandy, Tanners, Online Metals, or Trinity has that big sale and you have to buy “something” even though you already have all of the supplies you’ll ever need.

When you have to make a list of all of the projects you want to do just because there are too many to remember.

When you promise your friends that making that is so easy anyone could do it, then when you start the project you have to ask the DMS community “How the hell do you do this?”

When you want to learn ALL of the TOOLS at DMS just because you have access to them all. That’s why I learned to sew and use the Babylock. I haven’t done a single project with them since.

When some supply you bought has an expiration date and you don’t “get around to it” until after it has expired, because you had too many other projects in the works.

11 Likes

I have a chess set I 3d printed ALL of the pieces for and started on the wood chessboard. I started it in 2017. The board is already assembled but not the drawer I wanted to add to it. It just needs to be finished with the rest of the board and drawer setup. It is on a shelf to remind me to finish it. I see it every day and “say I’ll work on that after I finish my current project” That was about 10-15 projects ago.

5 Likes

When the Freebie shelf owns your soul and Satan* knows it’s treasure has left no opening to get it back.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions and unfinished projects.

7 Likes

When you call your unfinished projects “proof of concept”
Complete just enough to learn / satisfy your curiosity.
Laying the ground work for yet another round of “proof of concept” projects.

12 Likes

My cutting board just needs is second/final glue up to be done. It’s on a shelf in my garage. I see it twice, every day. When I leave, and when I come home. “something” always comes first. Right now, it’s product for the Maker made fair

5 Likes

That surprisingly distills a lot of my projects now that it’s put into words.

4 Likes