Workbenches, Work Days, Next Committee Meeting

We are going to lock it up. But it only works if others put the lock back on.

3 Likes

RFID!
:slight_smile:

At the risk of becoming a broken record, please give some serious thought to my plea for having a small drawer at each table with the critical accessories. They will be more convenient to use, they are less likely to get broken or misplaced, and it will alleviate some of the clutter on the work surface.

To add to Zack’s comments:
You would good on the metal as we had discussed this here. The grinder was was an unexpected bonus. The reason members need to get permission before hand is several fold:

1. Make sure the committee needs or has room for the item.
  2. Need to know if donation or loan. There may be some hesitancy for loans, especially as we’ve grown more capable of purchasing items. The problem with loans is there an expectation that it be returned less fair wear and tear. However, some items get “Maker Abuse” and we end up having to repair or replace the the item.

We are in no way trying to discourage generous offerings like you’ve made. They are greatly appreciated - in fact I just brought in an 18" Height gauge to donate to Machine Shop’s collection of measuring tools … but I knew the Chair would accept the donation. :wink: ). People just drop stuff off and they may not be needed, hence the approval needed. I spoke to Chuck - Metal Shop would hate to insult your gift.

Need to have someone cut me a circular piece of acrylic for dial cover.

2 Likes

oh yeah! that is a nice addition. I was just thinking of one of those the other day.

It’s calibration cert is expired though.

I wanted to make a lamp out of it but Walter was horrified at the thought and convinced me not to.

3 Likes

When I finally break down and get my stuff out of storage in CT I’ll have a lot of inspection tools to donate.

@BobKarnaugh and I took some quick measurements of what’s in the shop. The new table needs to be 4’ X 6’, a 4’ X 8’ starts to crowd things more than I’d like. But we’ll be able to get things and have a lot of capabilities. Between Metal Shop and Machine Shop we’ll have a great Metal Works!

So many tools, so little Space.

2 Likes