Woodshop Committee Meeting 12/1/2021 7:30

Semi-annual Election will be held at this meeting

Agenda: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w-GQ47eHNzQfiguLycVHdoj-IVky7wKfqG__B4u_vjo/edit?usp=sharing

USE YOUR DMS EMAIL TO LOGIN

Thanks.

I’ll finish updating the agenda this weekend.

1 Like

Please note that the festool sanders have been sent out for maintenance and the router table is down.

Ground Hog Day for Ian… Following the great example of @TBJK in committee chairmanship. Ian for a life appointment :grinning: Think about it, what in the world would anyone do better than Ian has? Four more years!

iu-2

1 Like

Ha. Thanks. @SWA couldn’t do it without the real hero volunteers like you supporting and keeping us all going behind the scenes.

2 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Untransparency Speculations

Can I add something to the docket, so the felders filters are so clogged, the yellow light was on all night last time I was in the shop and the bags were completely empty like a thin layer of dust but you could see the bottom of the bags, so even completely emptied it’s still not being able to provide ample suction for the tools, which might be contributing to the amount of dust getting sucked into the ac all thought it being winter that’s not a super pertinent issue, but i does effect others in the space, there was a large resin table at the other end of the workshop by old ceramics and his finish was being ruined by the amount of airborne dust I believe being from the collector being clogged and the door propped open

The filters probably need to get blown out, not sure we will get to that on a Wednesday night after the meeting.

The new filters arrived (finally). Just waiting for the other PM items before we take the Felder apart to put them in.

This would be an excellent time to place the cyclone in front of the Felder. I understood that @yashsedai was tackling this in his free time. You know, when walking between his front door and the truck each day. Seriously, can we install the prototype idea and then refine as time permits? I expect we can round up enough labor to get that stage done rather quickly.

1 Like

KWGA - Keep woodshop Great Always

Nothing to do on this until we get the piece of duct in.

It has been or could ordered or needs to be fabbed?

Bump meeting tomorrow

2 Likes

I regret that I can’t make it. I’m at my daughter’s fall band concert.

If Patrick will proxy for me, I vote @IanLee for everything and @SWA for whatever detritus Ian doesn’t want.

@pjolone1

2 Likes

Yea what he said, except @mdredmond can have the S*** jobs.

1 Like

Meeting Starting Soon

Committee Meeting
Wednesday, December 1 · 7:30 – 8:30pm
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/nhc-qykm-ukq
Or dial: ‪(US) +1 205-832-1405‬ PIN: ‪946 866 272‬#
More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/nhc-qykm-ukq?pin=8518155541812

Not to worry, Ian accepted another 6 months as the woodshop chair. You and Brit have been nominated as co-vice chair of the woodshop maintenance and cleanliness . That is what I used yours and Brit’s proxy vote for. Enjoy…

4 Likes

Waiting to join

The meeting was Yesterday

Knock knock

Ahh I thought it was original the first and just saw he said put off till tomorrow