[Resolved] Planer is not reading the fob keys 2022/01/11

Just wondering if anyone has figured out what is going on with the planer.

1 Like

I think it’s the rfid reader, we’ve engaged that individual to help us diag the issue…

10 posts were split to a new topic: Laundry List of Woodshop’s Needs Not Reported In the I&R Threads & Some Which Are

Happy Sunday :call_me_hand:

So it’s not the rfid I plugged the cable from the jointer into the planer and the light goes green so but still won’t turn on so it’s 100% not rfid related

1 Like

We’re in process with the RFID vendor- it appears right now that the issue is related to this system. They’re working to get us a replacement system by next week. Work arounds to allow the system to operate now are being considered.

4 Likes

Planar is functional again.

5 Likes

The key fob reader is again not working as of 8:40pm Friday. I heard that someone was using it right before I came in, but it currently will not respond to my fob nor anyone else’s

Update on this -

On Sunday the vendor for the system came in and replaced the board and checked functionality on the jointer and all was golden.

Until today when a member messaged me and informed me that their fob was again not working on the planer.

I accidentally pointed the vendor at the jointer when they walked in and so they applied the right fix to the wrong machine.

Cue the confusion and eventual facepalm.

I’ve re-engaged the vendor to get the right machine fixed up. Sorry y’all. This ones on me.

5 Likes