Wide Format Printer is **NOT AVAILABLE** (yet)

That is good news!! Thank you.

Still have calibration issues and software to install but we’re making progress.

Both prints on the wall are from the built-in diagnostic and demo images.

11 Likes

Wha? Blue tape? Are you hiding a stash? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Great progress!

I thought originally we were getting a printer that could print on vinyl, will this do vinyl printing?

The current wide format printers are donations

A future purchase down the road may have different features. There was a previous one under discussion that may have had the features you’re thinking but things changed with expansion etc. Who knows for future, but right now we have these donated ones they are getting going

We appreciate having one though, it’s still the most cost effective way to print 8x10 photos.

No, the two donated printers are oriented towards drafting/architecture use, so the media types they handle are very limited.

The benefit to this is they’re easier to maintain and stock supplies for compared to an art oriented wide format printer like our old Epson printer.

2 Likes

It can print on transparent film, backlit film, self adhesive, transparency, and Polypropylene (similar to vinyl but out dated and not really used anymore).

None of which can be had by the sheet btw.

Any update on this would be appreciated, please. Thanks.

They are still working on it

Just fixed the yellow ink last night, and still need to install the logging software. I have not been able to eliminate the banding from the magenta print head, so we most likely need to replace that as well.

2 Likes

This may sound stupid but have you tried using rubbing alcohol w/ qtip on the print head?

It’s not clogged nozzles, it’s some kind of signal issue where the wrong nozzle is being fired on multiple areas of the print head.

This may sound stupid but have you tried using rubbing alcohol w/ qtip on the data contacts?

Transparency film was mentioned, is this going to be on the approved list of materials? Id like to eventually try printing digital negatives

If it’s on the list from HP for this printer it is a pretty much automatic approval, so there should be no issues there.

Gotcha, just checking as I had read there were still discussions on how exactly members will be charge for and what level of access they will have (e.g. no over network, tight control over materials, etc)

May I humby suggest the following test print for Magenta?

5 Likes

Any update on this?

1 Like