Is the Epson Stylus Pro 7880 wide-format printer available?

Hello,

The wiki shows an Epson Stylus Pro 7880 wide-format printer, but the last conversation, sometime in 2019, says it is not ready yet.

Is the printer available? Are the instructions in the wiki accurate? Thanks!

@Haley_Moore
@dougemes

There is no wide-format printer available at the 'Space at this time.

2 Likes

Last I had heard, the printer was too difficult to keep running especially given how long it would sit idle - though I could be confusing it with previous iterations. I haven’t seen any in creative arts, and the only one I’m aware of is currently non-functional and slated to be sold off.

Sorry for the confusion! I’ve marked that page on the wiki to be removed or updated.

1 Like

I’m disappointed that the printer is down, but appericate the quick response. Are there any photo printers at the space, regardless of format?

Color copier in the common room prints reasonably well, and I think goes to 11*17.

Re: Wide format printers… We’ve always had hand-me-down hardware in this area, and typically those don’t get given away until they have at least some persistent problems of one type or another. I would venture to guess a brand new printer would be much less of an issue to maintain whenever we manage to obtain one in the future.

2 Likes